Besides my state schools, where else to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MyEyesMesmerize

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a FL resident so I'm applying to the schools here in the state. My numbers are not the greatest. I graduated 2 years ago with a 3.0 and as a post bacc have a 3.5 taking mostly science courses. My MCAT I wont know till late June but I think it will be around 27. SO what other schools should I consider. I am willing to apply to about 15-20 and would retake the Aug MCAT if this one doesnt get into the 30 range. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

find out the average GPA and MCAT scores of admitted students at various school and see where you fit in with your stats.
(i.e. on the us news and world report, your GPA would fall around 35th and on)

apply mostly in that range, based on preferences like location or curriculum or class size, etc.

then apply to a couple reach "dream" schools and a couple much lower "safety" schools.

Vyc is right on, I would also recommend checking out the latest MSAR and see what schools accept folks with your gpa and mcat scores.

Check out this thread: <a href="http://forums.studentdoctor.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=011438;p=" target="_blank">Easy schools</a> :)