Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

best 6-0 schools

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by nd110491, Dec 20, 2008.

1. nd110491

Pre-Pharmacy
    i want to work in pharmaceutical companies (marketing, administrative, NOT research) in the future.

which is the best program you think?
    Soley based on job prospectives! (Not campus, city, or $$)

Rutgers
    Univ of Rhode Island
    Univ of Sciences in Philadelphia
    Northeastern
    St. John's

I want to know if going to Rutgers (where a lot of companies are located)
    will help me get a job later in that field.

Thanks a lot for your inputs!

2. bacillus1

10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Probably Rutgers or USP would be your best bets. But you know, you don't have to do a PharmD to do pharm. marketing (though I guess it may help).
    You could also get a business minor at USP. They used to have a 7-year PharmD/MBA program, but I'm not sure if they do anymore. You could always ask. Don't know about minors/dual degrees at Rutgers.

If you live in Jersey, Rutgers is cheaper, so go there.

3. cdpiano27

cdpiano27 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

USP or Rutgers for sure. They both have the best industry connections. I give a slight edge to Rutgers, but the pharm program at Rutgers is extremely competitive and they FAIL OUT a lot of people from the program. So you need to work especially hard if you want to go to Rutgers. It is probably the hardest 0-6 program to get into and the hardest 0-6 program to get out of.

Apply to both. I think the order of schools should be:

#1 choice: Rutgers
    #2 chocie: USP

And the other three are much weaker and don't have many industry connections at all.
    URI has no industry connections
    Northeastern and St. John's I believe have no industry connections either.

Avoid Albany and MCPHS-Boston, they are not affiliated with companies at all, I think.

4. THE MTL

10+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    The job prospective of a Pharmacist is really high so you should be good in getting a job.

I personally go to Rutgers Pharmacy. Im a freshmen. I got into USP, Northeastern, and St. Johns too. I looked at URI's pharmacy program but it looks HORRIBLE. The curiculum so dumbed down that they dont have to take Gen. Bio. I heard St. John curiculum is easy too.

So put Rutgers at the top of the list. (a little bias since I go there, but Rutgers is def. the best 6 year program).

5. Jdario86

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I think Rutgers is the best school to attend if you're interested in working for pharma. They have an excellent Pharmaceutical fellowship program. The school's ideally located in the heart of pharma country and Johnson & Johnson has a facility located within their New Brunswick campus. All the pharmacists who i've met or know of who works for places like novartis and GSK are Rutgers Alumni. So you would also have great alumni connections too.

But I also heard that they try to weed out people during the first 2 years of the program.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...