Best anatomy flashcards??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hotcocoa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so for my undergrad anatomy course I actually made my own flashcards. I definitely think that drawing it all out helped with the memorization so I might just do that again in med school. If I were to buy a set of flashcards for anatomy, though, does anyone… current med students, past med students, undergrads who’ve taken anatomy... have suggestions as to the best ones out there? People at my school were fans of Netter, but also had complaints. Anyways, I’d love to hear everyone’s input!

Members don't see this ad.

I never found flashcards very useful for anatomy. you can't put a 3d model/cadaver/organ on a flashcard. and seeing it makes it more meaningful, and easier to find logical ways to remember, than words on a piece of paper.

I totally agree, thanks. I definitely learned it better/faster by working with the cadavers hands-on, however it was also nice to have flashcards to refer to when I couldn't be in the lab. Thanks for the input

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
For out-of-lab time, I have heard generally good things about Netter cards.

Everybody recommend Netter's.

After destroying any part of my cadaver I touched, I just opted to study anatomy entirely from netters flashcards and grant's atlas (textbook). Did much better after that. Group liked me more too.

I highly recommend Netters and Grants. There is a book called Color Atlas of Anatomy by Rohen which uses all cadaver pictures. Thats pretty decent as well, though the index oddly doesn't mention all pages where a structure is located... so you have to hunt. Rohen's flashcards, however, leave much to be desired.