Best "by topic" practice passages

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maneuver

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Aaarrrghhh,

Ok so I've read through hundreds of posts at this point and still can't make a decision.

I have access to all kaplan materials (topicals, subject, section etc..), EK1001 series, and TBR.

I am looking to do practice problems after every chapter I review. I am wondering which prep company has the best (most relevant to the real MCAT) practice problems. I don't have enough time to do them all so I need to pull the trigger and choose one... Help please!!! :(

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure this has been settled many, many times over. EK is by far the winner when it comes to VR. Hands down.

Thanks, I am using EK 101 for Verbal.

However, what about my science review/practice. I've read postings in the 30+ forums where people who have scored high have only used Kaplan, Only used TPR, only used BR, some have used a combination, sighhh. Right now I'm leaning towards doing all Kaplan Topicals, then using the EK 1001 series for my science practice.

1-2 weeks prior to my exam date on May 27th, i'm planning to only do Full Lengths and some content review targeting my weaknesses.

Anyone think I should substitute EK1001 for TBR, for the sciences?

I have 37 days to study

Thanks for your help!!!!!!

For science, most seem to suggest TBR and the EK but Kaplan gets some love as well. I don't think the differences are as crucial with the PS & BS sections. I'd suggest using a broad range of materials for those and with a focus on using the AAMC tests -- esp. as you get closer to test day (maybe max out at 2-3 AAMC tests/wk around 2 wks before the exam).

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure this has been settled many, many times over. EK is by far the winner when it comes to VR. Hands down.

yes. i was in the bookstore and fell in love. the KP practice is ok but i like their VR strategy. MCAT passages are very similar to the EK passages. The KP ones are kinda leery. Some are pretty short and the question sets are random.

For science, most seem to suggest TBR and the EK but Kaplan gets some love as well. I don't think the differences are as crucial with the PS & BS sections. I'd suggest using a broad range of materials for those and with a focus on using the AAMC tests -- esp. as you get closer to test day (maybe max out at 2-3 AAMC tests/wk around 2 wks before the exam).

four weeks before the exam I lived on nothing but AAMC exams...if I wasn't testing I was just analyzing each question and reviewing in great detail. Come exam time it was just another day in the life.