Best Career Changing Post-bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Logino33

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently graduated from Northwestern University with a 3.7 and work for a top consulting firm. I was debating between business and premed and switched to business my junior year. I have found the business world to be unfulfilling and am looking into doing a post-bac. I am lucky in that cost is not a factor, so I am looking to find the best post-bac program for career changers. Preferably the program gives you the chance to shadow doctors, volunteer at hospitals, has great advising, etc. Any advice on which programs would be best for me? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If you've taken the time to peruse this forum, you'll surely know that most people consider Scripps, Goucher and Bryn Mawr to be the 3 best career changer postbacs. If you can get into one of them and cost/location is not an issue, go for it.

All three give you assistance in finding worthwhile volunteer positions and shadowing opportunities while in the program, but you won't get admitted without some volunteer/clinical experience already under your belt.

Also, note, if you 'switched to business' your junior year from pre-med (Your post is a bit ambiguous) then you will have likely surpassed the maximum number of required courses allowed for admittance to any of the programs NewmansOwn mentioned. If you have only taken a semester or two, contacting the programs directly is good idea.

Also, note, if you 'switched to business' your junior year from pre-med (Your post is a bit ambiguous) then you will have likely surpassed the maximum number of required courses allowed for admittance to any of the programs NewmansOwn mentioned. If you have only taken a semester or two, contacting the programs directly is good idea.

Good point. Nice catch.