Best Conference for Fellows Looking for a Job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brachialis021

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on which pain conference would be best for a pain fellow to attend if one of the goals is to network/job seek?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, hopefully will have a poster at the Winter SIS meeting
There are far fewer attendees at the winter meeting. It’s the sis board meeting, so you’ll meet some big wigs in the organization, but most of them aren’t hiring anyone. Good conference usually, but not great for networking.

id be interested in seeing the pointy shoes these "KOLs" are wearing. and the "rest" of their outfit.

Reactions: 1 user
Going to AVN probably increases your risk factor for AVN

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Any recommendations on which pain conference would be best for a pain fellow to attend if one of the goals is to network/job seek?

ASPN is your ticket to ride. Bring CV, headshots, and a winning attitude and you'll never leave disappointed. Skip the lectures and just hang out in the hall. That's where the real action is.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have a list of different pain conferences?
Tried googling "pain conference list, pain conferences, pain conferences for fellows, upcoming pain meetings"
So far I have:
  1. IASP
  2. NANS
  3. AAPM
  4. ASRA
  5. SIS
  6. Mayo Clinic Multidisciplinary Spine Care Conference

ASPN is your ticket to ride. Bring CV, headshots, and a winning attitude and you'll never leave disappointed. Skip the lectures and just hang out in the hall. That's where the real action is.

Don’t forget your pointy shoes.

Sorry to be the Debbie Downer, but in my experience, conferences are not usually helpful for business contacts or for finding jobs. Also, nobody I know really cares about posters. They are mostly just used to pad the resume.

In my experience, most people go to conferences for CMEs, to connect with industry, and to talk to old friends.

Add ASPN to that list.

You’re best bet for job connections is to attend your local state pain society meeting and network there.

Does anyone have a list of different pain conferences?
Tried googling "pain conference list, pain conferences, pain conferences for fellows, upcoming pain meetings"
So far I have:
  1. IASP
  2. NANS
  3. AAPM
  4. ASRA
  5. SIS
  6. Mayo Clinic Multidisciplinary Spine Care Conference

Honestly, the *BEST* conference to shop yourself around is Painweek. Trust me.

What’s the vibe at Pain Week exactly? I’ve never been.