Best DAT bio resources?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kaitlynjre

Reaction score
Hi!
As we all know, the Bio section on the DAT is extremely broad. I was hoping to get a recommendation for a book that gives a solid foundation that I could supplement with Dr Romano’s DAT Destroyer and his Dynamite Bio Notes. Maybe Campbell’s or Cliffs AP Bio?
TIA

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Have you checked out the Orgoman Dynamite Destroyer Bio notes? They were the sole resource I used for the bio section preparation in addition to notes from college and the occasional Campbell's reference. I highly recommend that book to everyone prepping for DAT biology. It was very intuitive and, honestly, pretty humorous to me which I enjoyed. It's available on the Facebook page for free last I checked.

If you're looking specifically for a book, Cliff's AP Bio is still a good start. It's pretty basic but it's a fast read that covers the good majority of what you'll encounter on the test and lays a pretty good foundation for expanding to other resources to fill in additional detail.

I printed out the Bootcamp 128pg notes and highlighted/annotated while reading many times, I only recommend this if you have a Bio background though

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!
As we all know, the Bio section on the DAT is extremely broad. I was hoping to get a recommendation for a book that gives a solid foundation that I could supplement with Dr Romano’s DAT Destroyer. I’ve heard good things about Ferralis, Cliffs AP Bio...
Thanks
If plowing through boring review notes isn't working, I would change your approach. I used a test-and-revision approach. I took a timed test, noted unfamiliar keywords and concepts, reviewed my score and identified the problem areas--and then I Youtubed my way to understanding the concepts. If a concept remained fuzzy I'd skim over the chapter in Savdava/Solomon/Campbell's textbooks that corresponded.

HINT HINT: the actual Bio section of the DAT is eerily similar to DAT QVault's Biology tests.

P.S. If you remember nothing else--just remember that hypertonic solutions cause animal cells to crenate or shrivel--while hypotonic solutions cause animal cells to lyse.

Go and conquer

Last edited: