• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

jojo88

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2003
Status (Visible)
The best home mortgage deal I have found for entering professional students is the FHA 1-year ARM. No documentation is needed as long as you have a cosigner that can provide docs. No job needed. The rate is 3.75% with a 2.5 margin, 5%cap. Down payment is like 3%. Low closing costs. I have not found anything better and will be doing this loan myself (in the process now)...PM me if you want any more info

edmadison

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2001
Lactate > 15
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
One note about the FHA loans is that they require PMI (at least that is what I have been told). This will increase your effective interest rate.

Ed

jojo88

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2003
Status (Visible)
They do require PMI but it is like 60 something dollars per month...and since the rate is so low (3.75 1 year arm or 5.5% 30 year fixed) and minimal downpayment needed it really makes up for the PMI....but remeber this is for people without jobs and who have a cosigner...if not, this would not be the best deal ... in my opinion

About the Ads

mpp

SDN Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2001
Portland, OR
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
How could the offer a 3.75% 1-year ARM with a 5% cap or a 5.5% 30-year fixed...who in their right mind would ever go for the the 5.5%???

Double check that 5% cap that seems a bit too low...perhaps they mean a 5% cap increase such that the cap is actually 8.75%. That seems more likely.

jojo88

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2003
Status (Visible)
yes..it is a 5% cap meaning 3.75 + 5 = 8.75....and can only go up 1% per year max.....rates went down last week so it is now even 3.5%...the only way someone would go for the 5.5% 30 year is if they plan on keeping the home for a long time...then, since the loan is assumable...it would be a selling point if interest rates were higher (say at 8%)..

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.