Best Deal for Home Loan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jojo88

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The best home mortgage deal I have found for entering professional students is the FHA 1-year ARM. No documentation is needed as long as you have a cosigner that can provide docs. No job needed. The rate is 3.75% with a 2.5 margin, 5%cap. Down payment is like 3%. Low closing costs. I have not found anything better and will be doing this loan myself (in the process now)...PM me if you want any more info

Members don't see this ad.

One note about the FHA loans is that they require PMI (at least that is what I have been told). This will increase your effective interest rate.

Ed

They do require PMI but it is like 60 something dollars per month...and since the rate is so low (3.75 1 year arm or 5.5% 30 year fixed) and minimal downpayment needed it really makes up for the PMI....but remeber this is for people without jobs and who have a cosigner...if not, this would not be the best deal ... in my opinion

Members don't see this ad :)
How could the offer a 3.75% 1-year ARM with a 5% cap or a 5.5% 30-year fixed...who in their right mind would ever go for the the 5.5%???

Double check that 5% cap that seems a bit too low...perhaps they mean a 5% cap increase such that the cap is actually 8.75%. That seems more likely.

yes..it is a 5% cap meaning 3.75 + 5 = 8.75....and can only go up 1% per year max.....rates went down last week so it is now even 3.5%...the only way someone would go for the 5.5% 30 year is if they plan on keeping the home for a long time...then, since the loan is assumable...it would be a selling point if interest rates were higher (say at 8%)..