Best Dental School Architecture

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premac

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there's a thread about architecturally interesting medical schools in the pre-med side of the forum, but i'm really curious about which dental schools are architecturally interesting or really neat.

Anyone who has been inside classrooms or lecture halls should also mention the inside facilities but I am kind of looking at which buildings are the most architecturally fascinating.

So far I just gave a look at UMB building and it looks very cool.

300__cc7xtj7icq.jpg

can you guys also post up the pictures?

Members don't see this ad.

The simlab at Tufts (which is new and beautiful btw) overlooks the Charles river. It's pretty awesome.

but on a more serious note...who cares how its built or what it looks like structurally (well unless you're REALLY in to feng shui)?

can it teach you what you need to know? yes? then its good to go. thats what i think anyway.

Members don't see this ad :)
but on a more serious note...who cares how its built or what it looks like structurally (well unless you're REALLY in to feng shui)?

can it teach you what you need to know? yes? then its good to go. thats what i think anyway.

well, considering that i'm an undergraduate student dying to get into dental school in about 3 years...
is it wrong for me to be excited and seeking for more information regarding my future home for 4 or more years?! :confused:
anyways, i'm really curious of which dental schools are stunningly beautiful, since my eyes were blinded by the oh-so-beautiful medical schools, such as WashU and Cornell :love:

the sim lab at Tufts does indeed look pretty slick. In fact, all the facilities in the new top floors of Tufts look pretty incredible.

Yeah some of those medical schools are so pretty! I'm sure some of the dental schools will be just as pretty! :p

well, considering that i'm an undergraduate student dying to get into dental school in about 3 years...
is it wrong for me to be excited and seeking for more information regarding my future home for 4 or more years?! :confused:
anyways, i'm really curious of which dental schools are stunningly beautiful, since my eyes were blinded by the oh-so-beautiful medical schools, such as WashU and Cornell :love:
now this is true...but i'll tell you...medical, dental, pods, or any other professional school....it may be nice to walk across campus with nice bushes and trees and flowers and maybe some nice looking buildings....but just remember why you're there. those esthetics will wear off quick...trust me! if you cant enjoy the class, faculty, etc then no matter how "pretty" the campus is, you're still not going to enjoy your self.

*bump bump*

hey guys could you post up the pictures?? :[
i can't seem to find any pictures even if you mention the buildings..
i would like to see how the tufts SIM lab looks like!

now this is true...but i'll tell you...medical, dental, pods, or any other professional school....it may be nice to walk across campus with nice bushes and trees and flowers and maybe some nice looking buildings....but just remember why you're there. those esthetics will wear off quick...trust me! if you cant enjoy the class, faculty, etc then no matter how "pretty" the campus is, you're still not going to enjoy your self.

I get the distinct impression that he/she is not using the architecture of a particular school as the basis for choosing his/her dental school. I'll be the one to say it, "lighten up". Then again, maybe sarcasm doesn't translate well on the internet....

Remember dental school is four years. Maybe I'm in the minority, but the environment that I'm in does play a role in my attitude at least. If I absolutely hated my school because it was crappy, run down, etc, then it might get to me and have an effect on my success. Not saying it's the primary decision factor, but it is something to think about.

Tufts does look fantastic.

If you like the federal prison look, check out LSU's Exterior :rolleyes:. The inside is very nice.

If you like the federal prison look, check out LSU's Exterior :rolleyes:. The inside is very nice.

You should see the University of Washington's DS. Not only is the building very old with poor lighting (the new D1 clinic had a renovation, so it looks better), but its like a rat maze where every hallway looks the same!

That being said, it's an amazing dental school as far as education and people go. Just too bad the building is "meh" at best. Then again, I don't really care what the building looks like until probably the third year as my face will be buried deeply into textbooks for the first two.

Members don't see this ad :)
From where I interviewed, the best looking building inside and outside was University of Maryland. For the best views Tufts wins by far. The view from the new sim lab is simply stunning.

When I went to UofM ann arbor for a tour looking at their undergrad, I distinctly remember them saying that the school is suppose to be in the shape of a tooth.

I know there's a thread about architecturally interesting medical schools in the pre-med side of the forum, but i'm really curious about which dental schools are architecturally interesting or really neat.

Anyone who has been inside classrooms or lecture halls should also mention the inside facilities but I am kind of looking at which buildings are the most architecturally fascinating.

300__cc7xtj7icq.jpg

beautiful.

I get the distinct impression that he/she is not using the architecture of a particular school as the basis for choosing his/her dental school. I'll be the one to say it, "lighten up". Then again, maybe sarcasm doesn't translate well on the internet....

yeah!
thanks for understanding!
i'm just curious about the dental schools' buildings, that's all!
just wanted to see whether there are dental school architectures that could top some of the beautiful medical school buildings!

I havent really been to any other dental schools, but I've spent a ton of time at UPenn and I've always liked the buildings there.
Sure the old building is kind of like a dungeon, but the new facility next door is very nice. I also spent two years working on that building, so I'm a bit biased, lol

Thanks for the post of some new pics. Excited we will be assisting a D3 in the new clinic our first year. Can't wait till June 7
ha oops...tried to post couple pics. That didn't work out

Cool thread! Any more pics/videos? NYUCD? Stony?

You should see the University of Washington's DS. Not only is the building very old with poor lighting (the new D1 clinic had a renovation, so it looks better), but its like a rat maze where every hallway looks the same!

That being said, it's an amazing dental school as far as education and people go. Just too bad the building is "meh" at best. Then again, I don't really care what the building looks like until probably the third year as my face will be buried deeply into textbooks for the first two.

AGREED. UW Health Sciences building is a mix between a federal prison and a late 60's bomb shelter. It's pretty depressing, but the program is amazing...

Tufts is amazing, and so is Nova Southeastern. Midwestern is also pretty cool if you like the small campus atmosphere. Everything at Midwestern is brand new so it's very impressive.

Last edited:
As a D1 at UMD, I love our facilities. The building itself is interesting, and the labs/clinic are all extremely modern and clean. The view is not that great in the lab, I think we have a view of the pharmacy school :)(), however at the upper levels of the building there are some cool vistas of the fabulous land of Baltimore. I'll try to take some pics after I decompress after this last volley of tests.

When I went to UofM ann arbor for a tour looking at their undergrad, I distinctly remember them saying that the school is suppose to be in the shape of a tooth.

Hehe, I asked about that when I went for a tour at UMich D-school. They said it's not true!

sweet pics!!
i love how your album includes powerpoints AND the actual operations on the teeth!
:D

This is not my album you can Google search and it is the Schools Official Flickr Page

300__cc7xtj7icq.jpg

the Architect for Maryland's school is the same who designed Bill Gates home. Made in such a way that it maximizes light even on dark gloomy rain days =)

You know I have to say since Tufts finished the multi-million dollar vert expansion, who whole place looks awesome! Especially the first year sim lab that overlooks the harbor but not fenway lol. So ya sorry but IMO Tufts beats them all