Best DO School to get a Neurology Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HealthE

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems like my local DO school almost everyone gets primary care residencies. I am interested in Neurology. Anyone have an idea of which DO schools are the best for this?

Members don't see this ad.

It seems like my local DO school almost everyone gets primary care residencies. I am interested in Neurology. Anyone have an idea of which DO schools are the best for this?

go to the one with low tuition that you like the most.

No DO school is really going to give you an advantage over any other one. It's purely a function of your board scores and 3rd year grades. As neurology is not part of the core curriculum at most schools, it would be on you to set up an elective anyhow.

Go where it's cheap and you'll be the most comfortable the 1st 2 years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Overall it is up to the student to be competitive for the neuro program, not the school.

If you are interested in knowing which ACGME programs DO students get into, search for the match lists for years prior at schools you're looking at.

If you are interested in knowing which DO schools have affiliated programs, you can always look them up: http://opportunities.osteopathic.or...essionid=f0305b63b23580c9da297b5838355a766133

NSU- Larkin Community Hospital (South Miami, FL) - 16 positions

TUCOM- Valley High Medical Center (Las Vegas, NV)- 11 positions

OUCOM- Grandview Hospital and Medical Center (Dayton, OH)- 7 positions

LECOM- UPMCME Hamot (Erie, PA)- 8 positions

Other AOA Programs:

Botsford General Hospital (Farmington Hills, MI)- 8 positions

Garden City Hospital (Garden City, MI)- 7 positions

EW Sparrow Hospital (Lansing, MI)- 14 positions

St. John Providence Health System- Osteopathic Division (Warren, MI)- 10 positions