If we take neurology in M3, do program directors know it's not a core rotation?

Started by fxryker
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fxryker

Full Member
Lifetime Donor
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As you know it isn't considered a core rotation for us, there's no shelf for it. I took it as an elective and honored it via evaluation. I saw an example of what program directors see on Thalamus Cortex, and it still lists neurology under core rotations even for us (and I didn't see OMM listed either). And I've been told a lot of historically-MD program directors don't bother interpreting COMLEX, so as an extension, I'm assuming they aren't thinking about this either due to the large amount of applications they have to review. So I guess my question is, is it to our advantage? When we say "X/7 honors", should our 7th core rotation in that be OMM or neurology (assuming one took it)?