You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Best earplugs!
Started by TheBoneDoctah
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
http://www.bose.com/controller?url=...ncelling_headphones/quietcomfort_20/index.jsp
these are the best. I promise you that you will never regret your purchase. I use these almost everyday to kill all noise and I love them!
these are the best. I promise you that you will never regret your purchase. I use these almost everyday to kill all noise and I love them!
For something that you can use during the test and if you don't want to spend a ton of money I would recommend these
http://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight...=UTF8&qid=1394902561&sr=8-2&keywords=max+lite
http://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight...=UTF8&qid=1394902561&sr=8-2&keywords=max+lite
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I suspect that custom made ear plugs are the best. If you call an audiologist, they can probably make you some or suggest a source.
Yes, my doctor told me to stop wearing them. I was not only getting rashes from them, but also started getting frequent ear infections.
anyone else have issues with earplugs itching your ear canal? sooo frustrating. i'm trying to find a kind that won't do that. i have sensitive skin.
Yes, my doctor told me to stop wearing them. I was not only getting rashes from them, but also started getting frequent ear infections.
Yes, my doctor told me to stop wearing them. I was not only getting rashes from them, but also started getting frequent ear infections.
Whoa really? Any specific brand? I cant afford an infection right now. I use the orange ones now but im looking for a change. I usually have to take them out every hour or so...
What are they?
I have the Hearos and the Howard Leight. I prefer the Hearos. They're significantly more comfortable. The noise reduction on both feels about equivalent, which makes sense considering that they're both rated the same. The Hearos are more expensive: Hearos are 14.24$ for 3 pack of 14 pair (42 pairs) vs. 7.70$ for 40 pairs of Howard Leight including shipping. The Hearos do qualify for free Amazon Prime shipping though if you have it.
I initially bought the Hearos, but then was told that I needed ear-plugs sealed in their package for the test. So I bought the Howard Leight because they come individually wrapped. I plan on bringing an unopened box of Hearos to my test and opening it in front of the proctor (and having some Howard Leight for backup in case he/she says no).
TL;DR
Hearos > Howard Leight
Keep in mind you can only use ear plugs that are individually wrap at most mcat testing centers...
Whoa really? Any specific brand? I cant afford an infection right now. I use the orange ones now but im looking for a change. I usually have to take them out every hour or so...
I DON'T think that the earplugs gave me the infection. The earplugs made it more difficult to get rid of the infection according to my doctor. They were trapping in moisture, making the ear canal favorable to bacteria.
As an aside, I learned that many people online believe that many types of antibiotic ear drops, such as Ciprodex, cause hearing losses, while current medical research says it's safe. I don't know either way. Just something I noticed. (Not the pill form, just the drops.)
I think the best ear plugs on the market are Hearos: Xtreme Protection Series (33 nrr); At my local Walgreens, it costs $5.79 for a pack of 14 pairs, which is ridic. I found a deal about 2 months ago on drugstore.com for Buy 1 get another Half Off (original price was $3.99). Ended up saving like $35 to 40 bucks all in all. I bought like 20 boxes lol.
I get easily distracted. I'm convinced I have ADD but I don't want to succumb to relying on adderall like others I know.
I get easily distracted. I'm convinced I have ADD but I don't want to succumb to relying on adderall like others I know.
^ lmao same here. One little noise throws me off then I start thinking about squirrels.
I think the best ear plugs on the market are Hearos: Xtreme Protection Series (33 nrr); At my local Walgreens, it costs $5.79 for a pack of 14 pairs, which is ridic. I found a deal about 2 months ago on drugstore.com for Buy 1 get another Half Off (original price was $3.99). Ended up saving like $35 to 40 bucks all in all. I bought like 20 boxes lol.
I get easily distracted. I'm convinced I have ADD but I don't want to succumb to relying on adderall like others I know.
^ lmao same here. One little noise throws me off then I start thinking about squirrels.
HAHAHA.... I'm also pretty sure that I have ADD. I was looking up a genetics video on youtube, then I got distracted by some video titled "Hot blonde squats", then next thing you know I'm blasting Five Finger Death Punch and doing deadlifts and bent over rows in my room. Stuff like that happens to me all the time.
For something that you can use during the test and if you don't want to spend a ton of money I would recommend these
http://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight...=UTF8&qid=1394902561&sr=8-2&keywords=max+lite
I also use these ear plugs and they work WONDERFULLY! I can't concentrate with even vague noises while I'm studying so I use these babies! Changed my life ever since! Lol
Are you allowed to bring these into the testing room? I thought we could only use stuff they provide (and that is usually junk). Do you need a doctor's note for them or something?For something that you can use during the test and if you don't want to spend a ton of money I would recommend these
http://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight...=UTF8&qid=1394902561&sr=8-2&keywords=max+lite
According to the AAMC website you're allowed to bring your own wireless earplugs as long as they're in an unopened package.
https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/taking/85604/taking_regulations.html
https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/taking/85604/taking_regulations.html
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
According to the AAMC website you're allowed to bring your own wireless earplugs as long as they're in an unopened package.
https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/taking/85604/taking_regulations.html
What are wireless earplugs? Is it the same as wireless earbuds?
Wireless earplugs are your run of the mill, standard foam earplugs. Wired earplugs are the ones that are non disposable.
The ones from Rite Aid/CVS do the trick for me.
Oh, duh! What was I thinking, hehe.
I have got earplugs recently from Aussieearplugs. They are working pretty good. A pair last for 15 days.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 4K