Best EMT Community College Programs in L.A. County, CA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SoFreakedOut

Resident Hottie
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know there is already a thread for EMT training in Los Angeles County. However, that post was looking for an accelerated program.

I'm wondering if anyone has insight on community college EMT-B (I) training--which typically take an entire semester. Programs are offered at various cc's but does anyone have experience with really fantastic programs in good areas? Or on the flip side, poor programs or terrible areas to avoid? Any insight is appreciated, thanks guys. I'll post updates if I find anything that will help other people later on.
 
Uhhh...we're talking about a ~150 hour course. I wouldn't waste time worrying about the "best" program. Your attention to the course (or not) will make a lot more of a difference than anything external.

For what it's worth, I had a good experience at Pasadena City College. But, there are good and bad EMTs that come from every program (yes, even UCLA!).

Keep in mind also that you will learn a lot more in the field than in class.