Pre EMT Paramedic classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

C Smith

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if going through a CNA course would help with passing an EMT and or a Paramedic program? What classes are suggested to take before starting a Paramedicine program?
I am also wondering if being a EMT, CNA would increases pay, make it easier to get hired?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think CNA would really help with EMT. I personally think that they're similar in terms of depth of initial training, but in slightly different domains (nursing vs. emergency medicine). In my opinion the best prep for paramedic school is a few years of EMT experience, which helps to build a strong foundation. I also took an EKG class prior to paramedic school and that helped a lot, but certainly isn't necessary.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for writing something. I figured as much a recent HS grad I know was unable to get into the program due to space, however the CNA classes lots of space for students. The student wants to do something while waiting I will suggest saving his money.

Status
Not open for further replies.