Best ENT surgical atlas

Started by shigaT
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

shigaT

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For you ENT residents out there: Starting ENT residency this summer (PGY-2) and am looking for a good atlas. I've seen Lore's and Bailey's - I like the text in Bailey's (i.e indications for surgery, basic science, etc.) but the illustrations are not that great. Cumming's is a little too much $$ for my budget Any opinions?
 
The new Lore is pretty nice (and very heavy), but a little dated in spots, especially rhinoplasty.

Bailey's is good, but not very extensive (misses a lot of procedures).

The 2 volume Myers' atlas covers a lot but is a little verbose and misses out on giving good pearls.

If given the choice, I would probably go with the Myers' text first.