1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Best exam study guide?

Discussion in 'PCAT Discussions' started by Pharmwannab, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Pharmwannab

Pharmwannab Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Like the title says. Kaplan? PCAT professor? Or should I just buy several of em and use em all? I'll be taking the PCAT in June and I'll be studying on my own, so I need a good guide.

Oh also, I won't be able to take microbiology before I take the exam, so does Kaplan or any other guide cover pretty much all you need to know? I also think I'll be picking up a book on micro and self teaching myself over winter break. Is micro even a large section?

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. crossjb

crossjb Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Kaplan is excellent at over preparing you -- particularly for the biology section. I felt PCAT Professor was definitely worth the investment. Their sample questions were more like the PCAT's than Kaplan's. Having more than one source to study for the exam is worth it, because they each give you another angle to study from. Barron's and Peterson's, although not as thorough, are relatively inexpensive ($15 each?) and you can get them at the library. The PCAT only had 2-3 micro questions from what I recall, so you'll be fine. Know your viruses!

4. PCATtaker

PCATtaker Class of 2011
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
  5. phini

Pre-Pharmacy
  6. liquidice

Pre-Pharmacy
    Anyone else tried PCAT Professor Online course?

What are the most useful books/courses besides the Kaplan 2007 PCAT review book?