Best exam study guide?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pharmwannab

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Like the title says. Kaplan? PCAT professor? Or should I just buy several of em and use em all? I'll be taking the PCAT in June and I'll be studying on my own, so I need a good guide.

Oh also, I won't be able to take microbiology before I take the exam, so does Kaplan or any other guide cover pretty much all you need to know? I also think I'll be picking up a book on micro and self teaching myself over winter break. Is micro even a large section?

Thanks!
 
Kaplan is excellent at over preparing you -- particularly for the biology section. I felt PCAT Professor was definitely worth the investment. Their sample questions were more like the PCAT's than Kaplan's. Having more than one source to study for the exam is worth it, because they each give you another angle to study from. Barron's and Peterson's, although not as thorough, are relatively inexpensive ($15 each?) and you can get them at the library. The PCAT only had 2-3 micro questions from what I recall, so you'll be fine. Know your viruses!