Best flash cards to buy for anatomy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjb924

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here purchase flash cards to assist in studying for gross anatomy, and if so which ones?? Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

Make your own :) Just the process of making them is studying in itself!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've purchased netter's off recommendations, we'll see how they work.

I have a set, but I honestly don't even know who they are from because I never used them when I took anatomy as a pre-req.

I would suggest making your own. You will learn the location of the muscles very quickly, from there it's the challenge of memorizing your origins, insertions, and nerve innervations. I would bet that your professor will teach them slightly differently than what you find on any flashcard. I became frustrated with using pre-made flashcards, because the info I had to know for class never fully matched up with what was on the cards. So, I ended up making my own for O's, I's, and N's anyway!

Good luck!

A few of my classmates and my roommate have Netter's, they have really nice pictures and some useful clinical applications/examples (in some sets only), we found them really useful!

Anyone here purchase flash cards to assist in studying for gross anatomy, and if so which ones?? Thanks :)

I have Netters and I like them. But just realize that what is written on the back of the card for insertions, origins, nerves, etc may not be the answers your professors accept. There is a lot of variation in the human body so sources don't always agree on, say, what the nerve roots are for a particular muscle.

So study your course notes for your exam, and use the flash cards as only a guide to let you know you are on the right track. Once anatomy class is over you can then pull out your flashcards occasionally to keep up your anatomy knowledge as a PT.