best full-lengths?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shishicd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in a time crunch with studying and can fit in max 10 full-lengths before I take the real MCAT. Do you have any advice as to which ones are most challenging and most representative? I currently have access to 10 kaplan full-lengths (from the torrent) and of course I could buy a few AAMCs, though I don't want to spend too much money on them!

Members don't see this ad.

I think the AAMC's are the only one you can trust. I've heard Kaplan's are WAY different. Also you can get one AAMC test for free.

I'm finding the Kaplan stuff right now to be inconsistent... some of the VR is really easy, some is really REALLY hard... and some of their explanations for the answers don't quite seem right no matter how much you look at them.

The EK VR explanations seem consistent... but then I've noticed a lot of PS stuff that just isn't correct... over generalizations and the questions are sometimes written poorly.

The AAMC stuff is coming as I exhaust these and TPR stuff!

For those who have taken the TPR MCAT prep course, how representative are the TPR tests compared to actual MCAT?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in a time crunch with studying and can fit in max 10 full-lengths before I take the real MCAT. Do you have any advice as to which ones are most challenging and most representative? I currently have access to 10 kaplan full-lengths (from the torrent) and of course I could buy a few AAMCs, though I don't want to spend too much money on them!

Kaplan practice tests are way different from AAMC practice tests. They're good for practice, but not necessarily good for predicting your score.

are there any particular Kaplan FLs that are better?

I like the earlier ones better. After Kaplan FL 6 or so, the PS sections get really, really hard.

I'll know better Saturday, but I found the best exams were:

AAMC 7, AAMC 8, AAMC 9, BR 2, BR 4, BR 6, BR 8, AAMC 5, K 6 (I think), and K 8 (I think).