Best Internal Medicine residency in Cananda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

med2222

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone ,

I will keep this short and sweet. I interviewed with all the top schools in Canada for Internal Med residency. It's really now a choice between Toronto and McGill !

I really liked Montreal as a city and it's defo much much cheaper than Toronto, a bonus. Also, McGill has a really good night-float system and no 24 hour on-calls! They also seem pretty relaxed about the whole thing, heard teaching is as not as robust as UofT though!

UofT seems to be the superior choice in Canada , although I'm not feeling the city neither the program. It's definitely much more hectic than the rest and very expensive to rent downtown where all the hospitals are located.

Any advice would be much appreciated and also which one would give a better standing to pursue fellowships and in particular Cardiology ?

Thanks a bunch!!

Members don't see this ad.

We're currently out of the match cycle so how have you interviewed with schools for residency and need to be making a decision now?