best interview lunches

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I pretty much just eat meat, vegetables, fruit and rice these days anyway.

I went paleo for same reason.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't label my diet. I just cant eat bread, preservatives, dyes etc. I eat anything else I can. Its mostly natural stuff though.

Members don't see this ad :)
What works in my favor is that LSU only looks at the last 32 hrs post bacc as far as GPA calculation, so I could still end up with a 4.0

My worst by far was Pitt's. They gave us sloppy joes and I was wearing a white blouse :( Just had the side salad lol
Why!?... I mean sloppy Joe's are great but who thought that would be a good interview lunch

I mean sloppy joes are risky, but is it their fault you were wearing white? lol

I mean considering majority of men will have on a white dress shirt as part of their suit (plus any women who wear white), it does seem pretty dumb to give out such a messy meal lol

Reactions: 3 users
San Antonio has the best in Texas, followed by Southwestern they have a cookie buffet for Pete’s sake.

Southwestern was actually my least favorite in Texas. I enjoyed the night before dinner, but the actually lunch was very underwhelming.

I hate the fact people are going to New Orleans for LSU and thinking they're having "real Louisiana cuisine". I've had their food and it isn't authentic. I believe they got the jumbalaya from a chain (Jumbalaya and Co). If you make it from a mix it isn't etouffee/jumbalaya/dirty rice/etc

Reactions: 1 users
DMU just gives you a voucher for their cafeteria-style lineup, and that was pretty good.

My state school had a medium-tier Sterno-heated caterer, though, and it was delicious AF.

Members don't see this ad :)
Creighton's lunch was absolutely delicious :nod: that pasta and bread

A certain school gave us one of those plastic box sandwiches that you get at 7-11 LOL.

Don’t wanna name the school out of respect
Name 'em and shame 'em. We spend years and $$$$ to earn this lunch :laugh:

Lol I guess I’m alone that I don’t care about the food. I’ll just pack a lunch. Long as you accept me I’m happy.

Texas schools don't mess around with their lunches and often breakfasts. McGovern by far had the best. A whole fajita bar where you could go back for seconds and third and deserts (tres leches and chocolate cake) plus they had an a capella group perform for us.

Reactions: 1 user
Texas schools don't mess around with their lunches and often breakfasts. McGovern by far had the best. A whole fajita bar where you could go back for seconds and third and deserts (tres leches and chocolate cake) plus they had an a capella group perform for us.
Texas and Louisiana do by far have the best food in the nation. Anyone who doesn’t agree... fight me

Texas and Louisiana do by far have the best food in the nation. Anyone who doesn’t agree... fight me
Can't speak for Louisiana schools, but I got your back on Texas. Lol fight us.

You haven’t lived until you’ve had Cajun jumbalaya (I wouldn’t recommend the creole version unless you like tomato sauce on rice), gumbo, etouffee, and crawfish. Speaking of which, crawfish season is coming up soon.

UVA was my best by far. They took us to this fancy restaurant that undergrads aren't allowed into. The food was amazing and the dessert was probably the best dessert I have had in a couple years.

UCF had some pretty good food. Had a pre-interview dinner (paid for) at a Turkish restaurant that was to die for, and then they served panko-breaded chicken, green beans, salad, and cookies for lunch on interview day.

When I interviewed at Pitt, they had a decent taco/fajita bar, which was a bit nerve-wracking (not as bad as sloppy joes, though!).

Three of my schools served boxed deli-style lunches, which was less impressive but still decent food.

I found that the dinners at steakhouses the night before the interview are far better than the actual interview lunch. My interviews offered usually Panera, other sandwiches, build your own nachos, a voucher to the cafeteria, and one hired a catering company.

I found that the dinners at steakhouses the night before the interview are far better than the actual interview lunch. My interviews offered usually Panera, other sandwiches, build your own nachos, a voucher to the cafeteria, and one hired a catering company.
build your own nachos?! if i'm on my couch watching that tv that sounds perfect - on an interview day in my suit - not so much