Best Jobs 2012: Pharmacist

Started by firework
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Looks like either a pharmacy school or acpe planted this trap article. Reading the title I thought this was a counter thread to the Pharmacist Worst Job thread.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think the poster was implying that there are things you just don't understand until you are a practicing pharmacist. I have to agree with that. I don't know what it's like to be in the hot seat and I had no idea what it would be like being a student when I was a pre-pharm. Just something to think about.... ?
:shrug:

Maybe you're right, but I didn't think I needed to be a pharmacist to agree with the general theme here that many US News Rankings use suspect methodology and often seem to miss the mark 🙄
 
It is common for people with experience to think those without it shouldn't have opinions and those without experience to overvalue their contributions. I am not saying that either of those things happened here though.:meanie:

Nothing to see here folks, move along...😉
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It is common for people with experience to think those without it shouldn't have opinions and those without experience to overvalue their contributions. I am not saying that either of those things happened here though.:meanie:

Nothing to see here folks, move along...😉

+1 Mod point
 
Maybe you're right, but I didn't think I needed to be a pharmacist to agree with the general theme here that many US News Rankings use suspect methodology and often seem to miss the mark 🙄

Yeah. Even our Dean says the rankings are not the best way to judge a school and we are a top ten. Opinions are valued...I think it might be the way those opinions are expressed that stir people up. 😛

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
 
Look I know compared to a few years ago, the job market is very tough. But you have to compare the Pharmacy career to other careers as well.

And compared to engineering, business, real estate, and most other careers/majors.........pharmacy is one of the best careers in 2012
 
Maybe you're right, but I didn't think I needed to be a pharmacist to agree with the general theme here that many US News Rankings use suspect methodology and often seem to miss the mark 🙄
I think the comment referred to the fact that you claimed "reality is overrated" in response to the article being "out of touch with reality." This would appear to state that you support the article's conclusion, that it is a "Best Job." Your support would be further evidenced by the fact that you are trying to join the profession (read: Pre-Pharmacy).

However, the article's conclusions are not exactly accurate, so your support may be a bit unwarranted. Especially support up to the point that you will go to school for several years, accrue debt, then finally attempt to seek employment in such a job.
 
I think the comment referred to the fact that you claimed "reality is overrated" in response to the article being "out of touch with reality." This would appear to state that you support the article's conclusion, that it is a "Best Job."

I think the real issue is that I thought the sarcasm of "Reality is overrated" was self-evident and could not be taken literally.. Boy was I mistaken! :laugh: