"Best" last test to take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gogopogo

Canadian stereotype, eh?
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've got about two weeks to go, and I'm wondering what was the last AAMC/Kap/etc. test everybody wrote before their MCAT, and how close to their real score it was.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I've got about two weeks to go, and I'm wondering what was the last AAMC/Kap/etc. test everybody wrote before their MCAT, and how close to their real score it was.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

my last AAMC test was a 27, and my last kaplan was a 30...those are the highest scores i had gotten on practice tests as i had been improving consistently as the test drew nearer. i get my scores back in two days, so ill let you know how my real scores ended up.

My last Kaplan full length was a 35 and my real score was a 31. Granted, the 35 was an outlier as all my previous full lengths were in the 32-33 range.

I think OP was also wondering what test it was, i.e. Kaplan FL 7, AAMC 4, etc... no? Anyway, AAMC > Kaplan (of course) and AAMC 9 and 10 are the most representative of what you will see on test day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Take an AAMC test for sure. AAMC 6 and 7 gave me a similar score as my real test and I took them both about a week before my mcat. They seemed pretty representative of the actual test.

The first time around it was AAMC 9
Scored 12,9,11..... was ecstatic about the science score but the 9 in verbal was my first sub-10 score in over a month... so I took just the verbal from AAMC 5 after that to get confidence back...

Real thing 11,11,9

This time around I'm taking aamc 10...

I think between AAMC 7-10 you can't go too wrong

Strict Canadian interview cutoffs...

For 2 of my best shots....
Bio at Western this year was an 11 to get an interview....
Queens was a 9...

but the years before that they were both 10's.... so I basically need 3 10's

I wouldn't have taken it again with a 30 is if it were 10,10,10 but I would have retaken a 15,9,15.... you think I might be joking... but it's serious... Queens this year... they had an R cutoff for the writing sample... I know multiple people with 35+ Q's and P's .... no interview because "You didn't meet our academic requirements"

So this time all 10+'s! the happiness about the 32 was regarding the science scores... they were my highest in each section

edit: I was quite proud of the 31, I really don't to be another whining gunner.... It's just the nature of how competitive it is in Ontario and the nature of some schools selection processes.

Last edited:
Sweet, thanks for posts all...

I too am Canadian (Check out premed101!!! Shameless plug! Shameless plug!) and understand the strict cutoff dilemma, I thankfully have aamc 7 and 10 left, I'll write 10 last I think.

Best of luck to all of us.