Best MCAT books and resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TechDoc19

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,

Which books do you think mostly help with the MCAT. I read Kaplan books three times and I know and understand everything by heart but I just felt it isn't enough for the MCAT at all. there is still a lot of information missing especially for nontraditional student like myself. I have already taken all the prerequisites but still I feel that it is better to learn more.

what are the best resources that can help fill in the gap and boost my knowledge? do you recommend reading other books? or should I take a lot of practice exams instead ? do you recommend Uworld? how about Khan Academy? what about NextStep?

Thank you for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

TechDoc19 said:
hi,

Which books do you think mostly help with the MCAT. I read Kaplan books three times and I know and understand everything by heart but I just felt it isn't enough for the MCAT at all. there is still a lot of information missing especially for nontraditional student like myself. I have already taken all the prerequisites but still I feel that it is better to learn more.

what are the best resources that can help fill in the gap and boost my knowledge? do you recommend reading other books? or should I take a lot of practice exams instead ? do you recommend Uworld? how about Khan Academy? what about NextStep?

Thank you for your help!
Annotate EK with Kaplan
Remember to take practice (AAMC) exams under test conditions--this means in a crowded (but quiet) environment similar to what it will be like on test day. Practice practice practice.

GL

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 user
I also used the Kaplan books for content review, but I think the most important part of studying is the practice portion. You need to get used to the way AAMC asks questions and be able to critical analyze passages. It's almost less about "knowing everything" and more about taming the test dynamic. If you've already read through the Kaplan books 3 times, I think you should focus on practice now. I recommend Uworld and all the AAMC material. I would then use Khan academy if you identify any deficiencies in your content knowledge, but I think you should be in decent shape content wise.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user