Best Medical Consulting Groups

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kiwi44

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
(removed)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The best consultation group (from "what to wear on interview day" to combing through personal statements) is the collective* opinion of SDN.

*To get a collective opinion you need more than just pre-med's insight, but also accepted students, actual med students, physicians and adcom members. All these people can coincidentally be found on SDN.

Are you talking about those services that help you apply to med school? Huge waste of money. If you can't handle applying for med school, you probably shouldn't be there.

Members don't see this ad :)
(removed)

Last edited:
The help I got was immensely helpful. I have below-average stats at most of my interview invites. Kiwi, I'll PM you.

Definitely, Blais. I was just referring to people who have directly used the services, which most often are pre-meds and admitted/medical students.

Yes, like services that review personal statements and give suggestions on areas in which one is lacking, such as volunteering. It's an investment, but an experienced opinion cannot hurt.

Has anyone heard anything about The Admissions Council?

Bump.
Anyone ever use admissions council for letter of recommendation vetting?

Definitely, Blais. I was just referring to people who have directly used the services, which most often are pre-meds and admitted/medical students.

Yes, like services that review personal statements and give suggestions on areas in which one is lacking, such as volunteering. It's an investment, but an experienced opinion cannot hurt.

Has anyone heard anything about The Admissions Council?

Uh, SDN does all of that.

We have the "What Are My Chances Forums?", which can address what one is lacking (Grades, MCAT, Volunteering Research and so on).

There is always a Men and Women's Clothes forum about what to wear to interview.

There is a PS Reading thread that will go over you PS for you (and I'm sure they would look at you activities as well if you ask nicely),

What more do you need? If its not here already you can start a thread and ask.

Uh, SDN does all of that.

We have the "What Are My Chances Forums?", which can address what one is lacking (Grades, MCAT, Volunteering Research and so on).

There is always a Men and Women's Clothes forum about what to wear to interview.

There is a PS Reading thread that will go over you PS for you (and I'm sure they would look at you activities as well if you ask nicely),

What more do you need? If its not here already you can start a thread and ask.

Read the bump post. Admissions council vets lor's for any red flags, I was curious if anyone had used this service.

Read the bump post. Admissions council vets lor's for any red flags, I was curious if anyone had used this service.

If you cannot trust the person you asked a LOR from to write you a good letter for you/about you don't ask them.

And it not bad form to discuss with professors before you officially ask them, whether or not they would and could write a good letter for you.

If you cannot trust the person you asked a LOR from to write you a good letter for you/about you don't ask them.

And it not bad form to discuss with professors before you officially ask them, whether or not they would and could write a good letter for you.

It's from my boss of three years. I did good work for him but he might sabotage my application so he doesn't lose me. It sounds far fetched but it's not unlikely. I also have more than three science letters I'd like ranked against each other so I don't submit non value added material

It's from my boss of three years. I did good work for him but he might sabotage my application so he doesn't lose me. It sounds far fetched but it's not unlikely. I also have more than three science letters I'd like ranked against each other so I don't submit non value added material

Not sure if you're serious... I think that is highly unlikely and somewhat narcissistic.

Not sure if you're serious... I think that is highly unlikely and somewhat narcissistic.

You would honestly be surprised by the amount of narcissism in professional settings. It is unlikely, but still possible. Its for this reason you typically don't use a current employer as a reference when looking for a new job.

Well if I ever want my character attacked I now know what to do- post something that sounds implausible in pre allo.

I didn't ask for a judgement call from the peanut gallery, I'm kindly asking if anyone has ever used that service. Obliged.

Yeah...Admissions Council can't read your LOR's prior to you submitting them, that's expressly forbidden by the instructions for the AMCAS. You may choose to try to do that, but it's against the rules. LOR are submitted sealed. Not sure what kind of operation would claim or advertise to break the rules like that for you.

Yeah...Admissions Council can't read your LOR's prior to you submitting them, that's expressly forbidden by the instructions for the AMCAS. You may choose to try to do that, but it's against the rules. LOR are submitted sealed. Not sure what kind of operation would claim or advertise to break the rules like that for you.

I don't understand - wouldn't using Interfolio allow this? I can't find anything in the AMCAS instructions that would forbid this.

Sadly, I know at least one person who wouldn't surprise me at all if she used this tactic. Of course I would never ask for an LOR from someone that gave me that impression though.