Best Medical School Coach?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drthedude

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I feel like I would truly get the most out of having a medical school coach walk me through the application especially with my stats etc. I was looking at medschoolcoach but I wanted to also ask the people of SDN if they have anyone else in mind

Members don't see this ad.

Read this:
Med School Rx: Getting In, Getting Through, and Getting On with Doctoring Original Edition by Walter Hartwig
ISBN-13: 978-1607140627

ISBN-10: 1607140624

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello!

I feel like I would truly get the most out of having a medical school coach walk me through the application especially with my stats etc. I was looking at medschoolcoach but I wanted to also ask the people of SDN if they have anyone else in mind
I honestly feel like there's so many people who would would do this for free like getting all your info from sdn, reddit etc. also tons of med students and even faculty on Twitter would be happy to help out. ill throw in a plug for PrescribeItForward (joined as a mentor a couple months ago) which is a large group of medical students who get paired up with pre meds for mentoring (student run and 100% free). for sure check that out or any of the other resources I mentioned before considering paying tons of money

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
These things all look like scams to me.
THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

For the most part, they just prey on your insecurity and take your money. One of the most ethical ones out there regularly contributes to SDN and tells us that he tells the vast majority of his prospective clients that they don't need him and should save their money. There is absolutely nothing they can do for you that you cannot do for yourself with Google, YouTube, SDN, and (maybe) reddit.

No coach, for no amount of money, is going to be able to achieve a result for you that you cannot achieve yourself, no matter how good, or bad, your stats are. You will literally be paying them to hold your hand and tell you to do the very same things the experts here and elsewhere on the interweb can tell you for free.

If you don't have time to go thru all the free resources available online including SDN and reddit, filter out the noise and have free cash then hire them. I won't call them scam but ROI is probably low for 90% the clients.

You don’t need a coach, you’re not going to have one in medical school so get used to doing things yourself