Best Medical Specialties for someone pursuing a PhD in Data engineering

Started by deleted968861
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted968861

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey MudPhuds!

I'm currently in a M1 in a MDPhD program, and will pursue my PhD in data engineering and computational statistics. I really like working with numbers, and am thinking about specialties. I still have a while to go, but I'm not sure which path I want to pursue.

I enjoy spending long hours of time, being focused on a singular patient, so I thought surgery would be a good pursuit. But I also want to lead a robust, big Lab and train lots of postdocs, physicians, scientists, etc., so perhaps the schedule in surgery isn't conducive for this? I also like surgery for the medical device/surgical tool development.

I am also looking into IR. What would you recommend?

For body systems, I am fine with any body focus, but I am not a huge fan of cardiology.