Best neurology programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Crazy Carl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Pretty straightforward question...US News aside, what schools do you think have the best neurology programs?

Members don't see this ad.

I think the US News ranking is thrown off by the fact that they consider neurosurgery and neurology as one field. For example, the UF neurology dept has been struggling recently but they have an incredible neurosurgery dept. The result is a very respectable rating in US News.
From talking to some of the younger faculty the schools I have been told to look into are UVA, Rush, Henry Ford, Iowa, Mayo, Mt. Sinai, Michigan, UCSF... I'm sure I'm leaving some out but that's a start.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by gatormed:
•I think the US News ranking is thrown off by the fact that they consider neurosurgery and neurology as one field. For example, the UF neurology dept has been struggling recently but they have an incredible neurosurgery dept. The result is a very respectable rating in US News.
From talking to some of the younger faculty the schools I have been told to look into are UVA, Rush, Henry Ford, Iowa, Mayo, Mt. Sinai, Michigan, UCSF... I'm sure I'm leaving some out but that's a start.•••••Yea, the lumping together of neurosurgery and neurology is part of why I asked (the other part is me not wanting to take US News at face value). Even so, I'm surprised that none of the big-time ivy league schools are on your list...