Best or worst cities to attend med school (among other things)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Damn, my school city isn't even on there, but I'm going to make a plug.

I go to Pitt, and while the word Pittsburgh usually induces an "oh I'm so sorry" from others, its a sweet place to be a med student. Is there as much to do as in New York or Boston or SF? No. But theres a lot to do and more importantly, you can afford to do the things that are there. Nothing like going out with friends after a test for $4 pitchers of good beer, $4 pizzas, etc. If you're feeling classier, there's tickets for opera, symphonies, musical theater, museums etc. for super cheap (which are surprisingly good thanks to Carnegie endowing everything from steels heyday), or a nice wine bar we hang at with $9 bottles of good wine. Public transit is surprisingly good (compared to everywhere but NYC). Basically what I'm saying is I'd rather have money to spend in a fun mid-sized city then be broke in NYC.

I was deciding between schools in Manhattan, Boston, and Pitt, and I'm living in a bigger apartment than the ones I looked at in Boston for half the price.

Being from California I will say that the weather does suck, though thats an east coast thing not a Pittsburgh thing.

Members don't see this ad.