Jul 25, 2010
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
There has not been a really recent thread (from what I could find) on what people think are the best PCAT practice tests and where can I find them?
THANKS!

nditebeck

5+ Year Member
May 18, 2010
Salisbury
Status
Pharmacy Student
http://tpc-etesting.com/pcatopt/

Pearson Practice PCAT tests. The %tile ranks that they gave me were pretty much right on the money as my real test. Questions were pretty similar too, but of course, they do come at a price.
In my case, the practice test was way off the mark. My actaully score were about 3.5 times lower than my practice scores. It still baffles me what happened. I am not the kind of person that gets very nervous at exams. Any suggestions?

Rubisco

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2009
Status
Pearson practice tests were my best predictor. My practice score ranges were very similar to my actual score.

SparkLy09

7+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2009
Denver!
Status
Pharmacist
In my case, the practice test was way off the mark. My actaully score were about 3.5 times lower than my practice scores. It still baffles me what happened. I am not the kind of person that gets very nervous at exams. Any suggestions?

When taking the practice exams, did you make sure to time yourself properly and put yourself in a quiet, test like setting? Often times, I think people give themselves more time than they should or realize and it skews the scores higher since obviously, more time you have, the better most people's scores would be. Also, I took all 3 practice exams, they were fairly close for me, however, if you only took one, then maybe that test just wasn't the best indicator.

I know it's a lot of money to spend to buy all three, but for me, it was worth not having to deal with re-taking anxiety/cost and such so I went ahead and purchased all available. I definitely wouldn't take just one exam and think that that one exam is going to predict my score exactly.

I also went through my practice exams a few times after getting it scored. It helped tremendously with speed that by the end, I could set up and solve ALL the problems with time left to spare. Personally, I think the PCAT is more of a time crunch tester than anything. Wish you guys the best of luck :luck:

nditebeck

5+ Year Member
May 18, 2010
Salisbury
Status
Pharmacy Student
When taking the practice exams, did you make sure to time yourself properly and put yourself in a quiet, test like setting? Often times, I think people give themselves more time than they should or realize and it skews the scores higher since obviously, more time you have, the better most people's scores would be. Also, I took all 3 practice exams, they were fairly close for me, however, if you only took one, then maybe that test just wasn't the best indicator.

I know it's a lot of money to spend to buy all three, but for me, it was worth not having to deal with re-taking anxiety/cost and such so I went ahead and purchased all available. I definitely wouldn't take just one exam and think that that one exam is going to predict my score exactly.

I also went through my practice exams a few times after getting it scored. It helped tremendously with speed that by the end, I could set up and solve ALL the problems with time left to spare. Personally, I think the PCAT is more of a time crunch tester than anything. Wish you guys the best of luck :luck:
I took the first practice test in not so exam conditions but the remaining two were taken in exams condition since i bought all three tests. The first test was like an insight into pcat. After that, i knew where to focus my studying effort. I cant seem to undertsand what happened. I know i can take the pcat without studying and still score higher than my October scores were. There was music blasting outside my testing room from some school event for about 3/4 of the testing period but i didn't think that would affect my score so badly.

May 2, 2010
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
This might sound awfully stupid but are you implying you can take the practice test how ever many times you want to take it:):):). If that is the case would it give you different questions each time you take it:eek:. I am planning to take the Jan '11 Pcat. To make it even better this is the first time I am attempting to take it. So I am a bit worried.:(:(

Aug 14, 2009
Michigan
Status
Pharmacy Student
This might sound awfully stupid but are you implying you can take the practice test how ever many times you want to take it:):):). If that is the case would it give you different questions each time you take it:eek:. I am planning to take the Jan '11 Pcat. To make it even better this is the first time I am attempting to take it. So I am a bit worried.:(:(
you can look at the questions as many times as you want but the test can only be taken once because there is no reset once the test is graded

Jun 13, 2011
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
So there are the 3 practice exams, which i'm assuming are official, offered on the Pearson website. Where are there other official/official length practice exams? I'm going to purchase PCAT Professor (www.pcatprofessor.com), which says it has 3 full length exams with some other supplements.

Why isn't their a market for practice exams for the PCAT, unlike the MCAT and DAT in with students can obtain hundreds of practice exams?

Thanks!

chemguy79

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2006
Chapel Hill
So there are the 3 practice exams, which i'm assuming are official, offered on the Pearson website. Where are there other official/official length practice exams? I'm going to purchase PCAT Professor (www.pcatprofessor.com), which says it has 3 full length exams with some other supplements.

Why isn't their a market for practice exams for the PCAT, unlike the MCAT and DAT in with students can obtain hundreds of practice exams?

Thanks!
I strongly recommend Pearson's exams. They are great and their explanations are top notch.

PCAT Professor ... Not so much. I won its use on the SDN raffle in 2010 and I didn't find the questions to be very close to what you see on the PCAT. Personal preference and your mileage may vary of course. It's useful to remind you study certain topics, but the actual questions and formatting weren't similar to the PCAT.