Technology Best PDA Phone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iXplore

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What will be the best PDA phone that will be coming out this summer? I'm especially looking for something that will benefit a dental student. Yes the iphone is coming out this summer and it has its oo's and aa's, but you can't install/run programs like socatres (to look up for pharmacologic drugs), you don't have things like microsoft office or outlook, etc.

Basically, I'm looking for something that has Windows Mobile 6 and has a great way of organizing all my patients, being able to run programs like socatres, get email through PUSH system, and has all the bells and whistles and glitz and glamor.

As for design, I like something like helio's "ocean". dopod also has some nice stuff. What are some good things that are up and coming that you think would be an excellent PDA phone for a dental student to have to do what you need it to do and some MORE!

Members don't see this ad.

i don't think the iphone has a platform for running PDA like programs, they say its going to run the new mac os- but that i know of that doesn't include epocrates and the like. As far as dental, I imagine your needs to be similar to medical, i went for small, easy to use and least likly to crash. It takes alot of time to reload programs etc on a busy schedule..... your priorities may be different. Keep in mind theres no best PDA and everyone has their personality issues and preferences.
In the future I would guess as the iphone evolves they would liekly have something along the pda lines, I don't see why not. I'd be the first in line as I am sure its going to be way better than anything currently on the market.