1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Best PDA resources for an Internal Medicine intern?

Discussion in 'Internal Medicine and IM Subspecialties' started by bonovox, Jun 3, 2008.

1. bonovox

bonovox Coexist, or else...
    10+ Year Member

I have an iPaq (Pocket PC). So far, I have epocatres and archimedes on it. I plan on carrying Pocket Medicine and maybe the Sanford antimicrobial guide in my pocket. WHat else would be useful to have on my PDA? Perhaps a PDA version of Washington Manual? Something for ICU and CCU months?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. JayneCobb

JayneCobb big damn hero....
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]

Check with your program about what online resourses you have. I tend to use Accessmedicine, UpToDate, and Micromedex more than anything I carry in my pocket. But what I do carry is pretty much what you've listed, Sanford, archimedes on my phone, pharmocopia, and then I have a copy of Oakes' Clinical Practitioners Pocket Guide to Respiratory Care which I pulled apart and only kept the stuff which I liked the best in (I use the pulm equations a bit since I like pulm) and then I cut up my old Sanford for the bug coverage table for antibiotics and have just built on it from there of most common stuff I use (pressers, pac tracings, some definitions, pager numbers, etc)

But my personal opinion anymore is that the online resources far out-do anything I can currently carry in my pocket.