Best pediatric board review audio/video courses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MEN2C

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I learn more by audio and video and I'm wondering if anyone has tried any of the courses? I'll do questions of course, but I'd rather listen/watch than read a review book. Anyone tried pediatrics board review (cheaper, esp. for audio) vs. medstudy (more expensive)?

Members don't see this ad.

I actually did both (audio of PBR and then the videos for medstudy). I was disappointed in PBR and switched to Medstudy, which I thought was great though very expensive.

A new low cost contender, BTW, is the board review course from Hippo Education. They're they guys who do Peds RAP. I haven't done the course but the quality of PedsRAP has been fantastic, and they've been doing an ER board review course for awhile that's gotten good reviews.

Reactions: 1 user
Question to those who have used Medstudy peds flashcards or PBR audio: Do either of these courses allow you to download content for offline use? Hoping to study on my phone during the commute and save on data usage.

Members don't see this ad :)
For medstudy flashcards, when you purchase them you can either choose online or paper option. The paper one you can easily bring with you while you're on the subway. I'm not sure about the online option, I doubt that you can download offline...

I used the Medstudy guarantee package (video, audio, flash card, and questions) alone on my second attempt and passed by 30 points. I am usually a terrible test taker and im not even an audio/video learner but I LOVED it. I chose the package out of desperation since I did not want to retake the test again. Worth every cent in my opinion since having to take the boards again is even more expensive, and the year of waiting is torture.

There is an app that allow you to use audio on the road, but it does use up data. I have not found a way to just download it.

I used PBR- they have audio/video lectures and the book itself has all the content you need without feeling like you are reading an encyclopedia!

I bought and used both Medstudy and PBR audio, and did above average on boards. I got through most of both of them before the boards (I have a long commute). I liked that MedStudy was really thorough and had experts in the field for each section, and the app was easy to use. It was more text book like though, but for the sections I was weaker on it really helped. I listened to PBR closer to the test itself in more cram mode. I think if you buy the audio you should have the text, that really helped to be able to review it after or look up thing I forgot. The PBR audio app is terrible, really hard to scroll if you buy the online only option. Also the narrator is clearly not a pediatrician and just reading from the text. Having said that, I think the content is useful, and I would use it again around crunch time just to really nail things in. Other content I used heavily was medstudy questions and prep questions, but the audio was a huge component.

Reactions: 1 user