best post-baccs with linkages

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

projectplat

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
the Columbia U program looks attractive and has a lot of linkages with some not requiring the MCAT .

Also, I read on other threads that it is pretty difficult and can lower GPA.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
"Not requiring MCAT" does not compute. All medical schools require MCAT, regardless of the brand name of the post-bacc program or how much you spent.

the Columbia U program looks attractive and has a lot of linkages with some not requiring the MCAT ... but its like $57K tuition with $45K estimated for room and board.

Also, I read on other threads that it is pretty difficult and can lower GPA.

Here is a link with the requirements for each specific school doing linkage with Columbia. A good number Do NOT require the MCAT.

I am a Columbia Postbac and I have posted about the program in another thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/columbia-post-bac-pre-med.1199805/#post-18031287

Do your research and choose the one that feels right to you. GOOD LUCK!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
"Not requiring MCAT" does not compute. All medical schools require MCAT, regardless of the brand name of the post-bacc program or how much you spent.
I graduated with maybe 6 people who never took the MCAT. There was an in-state feeder early acceptance thing. My school stopped doing it. But it is a thing.

I graduated with maybe 6 people who never took the MCAT. There was an in-state feeder early acceptance thing. My school stopped doing it. But it is a thing.
Seems like it would be almost not worth mentioning, though.

Seems like it would be almost not worth mentioning, though.

I'm an MS4 at a US MD school, which I linked to from my postbac program without needing to take the MCAT. At that time, my postbac had linkage agreements with 20ish med schools, 5 or 6 of which did not require the MCAT, and about 15 of my postbac classmates were able to take advantage of these no-MCAT linkages. And my med school currently accepts students from 4 different postbac programs, including Columbia, without requiring the MCAT. So I do think it's worth mentioning (I'm super glad someone mentioned it to me!) with the caveat that it is certainly not the norm.

But in my opinion, OP, after talking to student from the various postbac programs currently at my med school, the Columbia program sounds like a tougher and more expensive route than the other 3 postbacs...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users