best post-baccs with linkages

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reaction score
Graduating Senior and Current applicant for 2022 cycle, no acceptances and still waiting on a 2 schools.
Should do a post-bacc and which one I should do?
I'm currently interested in Temple's post-bacc because of the direct linkage, any other with good linkage programs I should apply to?

GPA: 3.7 sGPA: 3.65
MCAT: 509
Research Experience: 1 summer in a neuro lab, 3 years in developmental bio lab, 2.5 years in a clinical research lab/public health

Publications/Abstracts/Posters (include how you were credited e.g. first author, second author, etc.): 2 posters as 1st author, working on manuscript rn as second author

Clinical Experience (paid or volunteer): 60 Hours as a volunteer w/Parkinson's patients, 45 hours as patient transporter, currently working as hospital volunteer/ and pt tech 250 hours

Physician Shadowing: 70 Hours various specialties
Non-Clinical Volunteering: 175 Hours w/ developmentally and mentally disabled, eboard for volunteer org
Other Extracurricular Activities: founded campus healthcare consulting org 125 hours, Student government 3 years about 300 hours, founded healthcare startup won 1500 in seed money 40 hours, worked on senators campaign and helped write policy 200 hours

Members don't see this ad.

Why do you think you need a postbac? That's a solid GPA.

Just so I don't have to go through the post history, where were your interviews and you already got rejected?

Reactions: 1 user
Why do you think you need a postbac? That's a solid GPA.

Just so I don't have to go through the post history, where were your interviews and you already got rejected?
No Interviews
Just a lot of Holds
MI Resident
Still Waiting: Temple, VCU, Jefferson,
Rejected- MSU, Georgetown, Tulane, Central MI, Western MI, Wayne, Oakland, MSU, Tulane, Loyola, Wake, MCW, GW, Creighton-AZ, UA-Tucson, Indiana, Vermont, NYMC, Ohio State, OHSU MD/MPH, Miami(alma matter + in a honors undergrad medical program)
Pre-interview hold- Penn State, Drexel

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
As long as you did not have a downward trend that could have raised concerns, then your GPA is fine. You may have struggled to write a convincing personal statement given that it seems you had 100 hours only before applying (I assume the 250 hours of physical theraphy tech came after submitting).

You had some donations on your list: UA-Tucson, IU, Ohio State, OHSU (take almost no OOS students), and Miami.

I'll agree... who reviewed your application materials? If you didn't get any interviews at this point, then you probably won't get any. Going zero for in-state says something is fundamentally not working, especially for Michigan.

I'll agree... who reviewed your application materials? If you didn't get any interviews at this point, then you probably won't get any. Going zero for in-state says something is fundamentally not working, especially for Michigan.
mainly my classmates and family and premed advising office, how should I go about fixing these problems for the upcoming cycle?

mainly my classmates and family and premed advising office, how should I go about fixing these problems for the upcoming cycle?
Does your campus not have a writing center or a career services office? I also know SDN has many volunteers available prior to the start of application season who will provide feedback on application essays. Since anyone on admissions who will read your application essays won't know you, you'll get better advice if you have strangers read your essays.

Reactions: 1 users
Graduating Senior and Current applicant for 2022 cycle, no acceptances and still waiting on a 2 schools.
Should do a post-bacc and which one I should do?
I'm currently interested in Temple's post-bacc because of the direct linkage, any other with good linkage programs I should apply to?

GPA: 3.7 sGPA: 3.65
MCAT: 509
Research Experience: 1 summer in a neuro lab, 3 years in developmental bio lab, 2.5 years in a clinical research lab/public health

Publications/Abstracts/Posters (include how you were credited e.g. first author, second author, etc.): 2 posters as 1st author, working on manuscript rn as second author

Clinical Experience (paid or volunteer): 60 Hours as a volunteer w/Parkinson's patients, 45 hours as patient transporter, currently working as hospital volunteer/ and pt tech 250 hours

Physician Shadowing: 70 Hours various specialties
Non-Clinical Volunteering: 175 Hours w/ developmentally and mentally disabled, eboard for volunteer org
Other Extracurricular Activities: founded campus healthcare consulting org 125 hours, Student government 3 years about 300 hours, founded healthcare startup won 1500 in seed money 40 hours, worked on senators campaign and helped write policy 200 hours
While I certainly understand the appeal of a post-bac with a linkage, given your GPA and major it doesn't sound necessary. You seemed to have aimed a little high, but you have strong experience. You probably could adjust your school choices, include some DO programs, and have your primary and secondary applications reviewed so that if you are making mistakes, you don't make them again for a lot less money and time.

And hopefully you'll still hear good news from at least one of those two schools. In the meantime, you are smart to start the reapplication process by assessing what went wrong last time around.