BEST practice tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JustwantDDS

DrAMG
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I only want to invest in one set of practice tests.

I have Kaplan's - and from what I understand they're not TOO good.

Whats the best FULL LENGTH practice test resource?

Should I even bother buying the ADA 2009 DAT? It costs about $30 per test.

Please help, Thanks! :D

Members don't see this ad.

you can buy top score. its 50 bucks and you get 3 tests. about 16.33 per test.

or dat achiever. about 20 bucks per test.

you can buy 3 or 5.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think topscore is better than achiever but neither of the two are a great comparison of the real DAT from what scores tell me.

I have yet to take the DAT but it seems like people generally score around 17-18 on topscore and achiever tests and then pull 20-22 on the real DAT.

So achiever and topscore are about the same?

I have 3 Kaplan tests
2 Barron's tests (which I think are useless? except for PAT sections?)

So achiever and topscore are about the same?

I have 3 Kaplan tests
2 Barron's tests (which I think are useless? except for PAT sections?)

Achiever is harder than topscore. Barron's is useless altogether. I've seen inaccuracies in their PAT sections posted on SDN several times.

achiever usually gives you a few points lower than the actual DAT. There is a thread with a vote, and the vast majority of people who took the DAT and took achiever tests say that they got +3 on their real DAT compared to achiever.

i have heard that topscore is the most accurate representation from many people. i have heard from 1 or 2 people that the kaplan review course tests are also decently accurate.

I think topscore is better than achiever but neither of the two are a great comparison of the real DAT from what scores tell me.

I have yet to take the DAT but it seems like people generally score around 17-18 on topscore and achiever tests and then pull 20-22 on the real DAT.

I have my test in 3 days and Im gettin 1)18 2)19 3)18 as aa from topscore tests. Can anyone confirm that topscore is a little harder than the real thing? Im getting really worried...

I have my test in 3 days and Im gettin 1)18 2)19 3)18 as aa from topscore tests. Can anyone confirm that topscore is a little harder than the real thing? Im getting really worried...
I can't say from personal experience yet, but from all of my lurking I really haven't seen any breakdowns off the top of my head where someone scored lower on the actual DAT than Topscore.