Best Prep Material for EPPP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

igetpsyched

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated this fall and now will focus on passing the EPPP. Please advise me on any prep material you used to pass the EPPP as I am currently shopping around for various prep material options. Any advice on what you did to prepare (e.g., study schedule) is much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I really appreciated the PsychPrep lecture recordings which I reviewed several times leading up to my exam date. After the first listen I found my attention wavering so I would put it on and go for long walks/drives to ensure I was a captive audience. I also probably did 15-20 practice tests beginning 3 months before my exam date, the actual materials were a mix of what came with psych prep and some other practice tests that were hand-me-downs from older trainees (took while on postdoc).

In terms of schedule, I tried to listen to 1-3 hours of the recordings daily and took 3-4 practice tests/week the final 2 months leading up to the test. I started averaging 80% or higher consistently with 2 weeks to go and then took the last 2 days off.

You will get all kinds of answers here:

Psychprep, AATBS, Taylor Method, etc. people in here have passed using any of them and /or others.

I had Psychprep audio, a few hand-me-down practice tests, and Psychprep written materials. I took notes as I read, listened to audio during my commute, and occasionally took a practice test to see how I was doing. Studied about 90 hours over two months, I think.

I would suggest not just passively reading and hoping that’s enough. Audio was great because I matched the section with my readings and it reinforced them well so I could remember them better.

But everyone has their own method that works; just depends on how you personally study best and retain info (I’ve always done best taking notes on readings). Some people swear by having a study buddy...things like that. Some people just buy access to practice tests and try to “learn” that way, etc.

Good luck to you!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am selling all the material from the AATBS website for $300. Never used or opened!

If interested email [email protected]

I am selling all the material from the AATBS website for $300. Never used or opened!

If interested email [email protected]

Buying and selling goes in the appropriate forum, not here.