Best relocation loans?

Started by tigercub13
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tigercub13

New Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Everyone,

I need some help. I am a fourth year student moving far away for my residency. I found a condo and I will be buying it, but I need some earnest money. $5K to be exact. I am looking into getting a relocation loan. Does anyone know which one is best in terms of amount given, deferrment, and rates?

The ones I have seen so far are ....
MedLoans
CitiAssist
Med Achievers
ans Assist Group

Any would help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
 
I got mine from accessgroup.org. They don't require school certification, and have a limit up to $13,000.
 
tigercub13 said:
Hi Everyone,

I need some help. I am a fourth year student moving far away for my residency. I found a condo and I will be buying it, but I need some earnest money. $5K to be exact. I am looking into getting a relocation loan. Does anyone know which one is best in terms of amount given, deferrment, and rates?

The ones I have seen so far are ....
MedLoans
CitiAssist
Med Achievers
ans Assist Group

Any would help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

I am in the process of trying to find a good lender also since I am planning on buying a house before I start residency and don't have enough extra money either. I would be interested to hear anyone else's opinion on these loans.

Here is a list from my student financial aid office with websites and phone numbers.
Medical Student Residency & Relocation Loan Programs
Access Group
Medical Residency Loan
1-800-282-1550
http://www.accessgroup.org

ASAP/Union Bank & Trust Company
CASL Residency & Relocation Alternative Loan
1-888-964-2890
http://www.asapubt.com

CitiBank
CitiAssist Medical Residency Loan
1-800-745-5473
http://www.studentloan.com/schools/kansas

Key Bank
MedAchiever Residency Travel & Reloaction Loan
1-800-539-5363
http://www.key.com/educate/grad

MedLoan
MedEx Residency Interview & Relocation Expense Loan
1-800-858-5050
http://www.aamc.org/MEDLOANS

MOHELA
MedCash Residency Loan
1-800-666-4352 ext. 3200
http://www.mohela.com

Northstar (Total Higher Education)
Residency & Relocation Loan
1-888-843-0004
http://www.northstar.org

Wells Fargo
MedCap - XTRA
1-800-658-3567
http://www.wellsfargo.com/student
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tigercub13 said:
Hi Everyone,

I need some help. I am a fourth year student moving far away for my residency. I found a condo and I will be buying it, but I need some earnest money. $5K to be exact. I am looking into getting a relocation loan. Does anyone know which one is best in terms of amount given, deferrment, and rates?

The ones I have seen so far are ....
MedLoans
CitiAssist
Med Achievers
ans Assist Group

Any would help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

I used THE (Total Higher Education through Northstar). they have a cap of 10k and are deferred along with your other student loans. only problem is i *think* you may have to have your other loans with them to qualify. definitely worth a look though.
 
I am a recent graduate of Ross University. I am not eligible for any of the above Residency & Relocation loans, except for Key Bank, since my school is not included in their list of eligible schools. Anyone know of other Residency Loans for international med students?