Best Representation of the OAT: exam in 4 days

Reaction score
Hi Y'all my OAT is in a couple of days (4 to be exact) and I took a kaplan OAT today and scored SO BAD IN SOME SECTIONS. I'm freaking out wondering if i should push back my exam. I was wondering how representative of the real OAT the Kaplan exams are. I've heard people say they are more difficult and to add +10 to +20 points but even that wouldn't save me. I ran out of time in the Physics section and Math (the calculations were SO HEFTY) and Gen chem seemed calculation heavy which left me with only 30 ish minutes to do O-chem. I've been doing the practice exams on Chad's videos (self-timing them) as well as with the free practice ones on DAT Bootcamp. I also did a couple of princeton review problems. I inserted my scores for exams that ive taken timed with breaks to mimic the OAT test environment below, any advice would be lovely as they seem to be fluctuating A LOT. I feel especially discouraged doing so badly on the Kaplan exam 1 today because after I did the ADA DAT and OAT PDF's I found floating around those seemed so easy and I scored so well, but the exams are also 14 years old (from 2006) so who knows how accurate they are?

If anyone purchased the ADA exam for $100 was it worth it? How representative of the real exam was it, can you see your scores and run through the questions after? Is it any different from the PDF version floating around here? Im freaking out and debating if I should 1. drop the $100 for the practice exam and 2. push my exam date

TLDR: Are the Kaplan exams or ADA practice OAT a better representation of the actual oat? Is the PDF version of the ADA any different than the one you pay to take online?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi Y'all my OAT is in a couple of days (4 to be exact) and I took a kaplan OAT today and scored SO BAD IN SOME SECTIONS. I'm freaking out wondering if i should push back my exam. I was wondering how representative of the real OAT the Kaplan exams are. I've heard people say they are more difficult and to add +10 to +20 points but even that wouldn't save me. I ran out of time in the Physics section and Math (the calculations were SO HEFTY) and Gen chem seemed calculation heavy which left me with only 30 ish minutes to do O-chem. I've been doing the practice exams on Chad's videos (self-timing them) as well as with the free practice ones on DAT Bootcamp. I also did a couple of princeton review problems. I inserted my scores for exams that ive taken timed with breaks to mimic the OAT test environment below, any advice would be lovely as they seem to be fluctuating A LOT. I feel especially discouraged doing so badly on the Kaplan exam 1 today because after I did the ADA DAT and OAT PDF's I found floating around those seemed so easy and I scored so well, but the exams are also 14 years old (from 2006) so who knows how accurate they are?

If anyone purchased the ADA exam for $100 was it worth it? How representative of the real exam was it, can you see your scores and run through the questions after? Is it any different from the PDF version floating around here? Im freaking out and debating if I should 1. drop the $100 for the practice exam and 2. push my exam date back?

SubjectKaplan Free DiagnosticKaplan Test 1 DAT Bootcamp (free)2006 ADA OAT PDF2006 ADA DAT PDF
Bio310370340380380
Gen Chem320330320340340
Ochem340290330400400
Physics300270360340------
QR280270370340360
RC340360360360340

TLDR: Are the Kaplan exams or ADA practice OAT a better representation of the actual oat? Is the PDF version of the ADA any different than the one you pay to take online?
I found DAT Bootcamp to be the most helpful when studying for the OAT but I'm also a visual learner.

It is completely normal to freak out days before your exam.

I never took the Kaplan practice test but people who did told me it was MUCH harder than the actual OAT. the ADA has free official DAT and OAT exams you just have to search for them. They are most similar to the actual exam.