Best Residency Relocation Loan?

Started by Marigold
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Marigold

Kid Doctor
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have experience with choosing who to go to for a Residency Relocation Loan? I think I've narrowed it down to Access Group, Keybank, and Med Funds, and it's looking like Keybank might be the best shot?

Thanks in advance!

ETA: by "best shot" I mean smartest choice...best interest rate, repayment incentives, etc.
 
I'm actually considering Keybank to consolidate some loans, they go off of libor and seem pretty reasonable. We also got the nelnet loan and they were pretty reasonable as well. They both sound like good choices to me.
 
I'm actually considering Keybank to consolidate some loans, they go off of libor and seem pretty reasonable. We also got the nelnet loan and they were pretty reasonable as well. They both sound like good choices to me.

Yeah, I'm thinking keybank as well. Is there any benefit to loans that go off LIBOR instead of Prime?

ETA: or any reason I WOULDN'T want a loan that goes off Prime instead of LIBOR?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have experience with choosing who to go to for a Residency Relocation Loan? I think I've narrowed it down to Access Group, Keybank, and Med Funds, and it's looking like Keybank might be the best shot?

Thanks in advance!

ETA: by "best shot" I mean smartest choice...best interest rate, repayment incentives, etc.

Total Higher Education

northstar.org
 
I believe LIBOR is tied to interest rates in London while Prime is tied to the fed. Right now the fed is cutting intersest rates here in the US. Not too sure about London.

Best Libor loan I found was LIBOR + 4 = 6.5%
Best Prime Rate loan I found was Prime - 0.5% = 4.75%

So right now it looks like Prime loans are the best.