Best Resource for QR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kach1713

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My DAT is about a week away. I feel confident in the sciences but my QR is weak. Haven't taken a math class is approx 3 years. I have the kaplan BB and WB and destroyer. If I understand all the concepts/questions/formulas for these resources, is it enough to do well on QR? Or are there other resources that have helped some of you do really well on QR?

Members don't see this ad.

My DAT is about a week away. I feel confident in the sciences but my QR is weak. Haven't taken a math class is approx 3 years. I have the kaplan BB and WB and destroyer. If I understand all the concepts/questions/formulas for these resources, is it enough to do well on QR? Or are there other resources that have helped some of you do really well on QR?

when i took the exam, the amount of time you are given to complete all the questions was the tough part. learning the necessary formulas is easy...destroyer IMO covers all that, but you should be able to recall which formula and when to use it almost immediately as time is really pressed during the exam. good luck!

Personally I don't think just knowing everything is enough. The time limit on QR is what really ends up putting pressure on people during the test. I've read lots of posts about how if the time limit was more than 45 mins, then scores would be higher and I agree with that. I don't think the math is particularly hard, but it is difficult to do 40 questions of this difficulty in only 45 mins.

I've been using Crack DAT Math and it has been instrumental in boosting my score. Now that it has the video explanations to go along with each question, you can be sure to understand anything you miss. I read Kaplan to "learn" the material, then drilled those concepts home using destroyer, and then made sure to build speed by using CDM.

Personally I don't think just knowing everything is enough. The time limit on QR is what really ends up putting pressure on people during the test. I've read lots of posts about how if the time limit was more than 45 mins, then scores would be higher and I agree with that. I don't think the math is particularly hard, but it is difficult to do 40 questions of this difficulty in only 45 mins.

I've been using Crack DAT Math and it has been instrumental in boosting my score. Now that it has the video explanations to go along with each question, you can be sure to understand anything you miss. I read Kaplan to "learn" the material, then drilled those concepts home using destroyer, and then made sure to build speed by using CDM.

How much have you improved using the CDM.. I kept getting the same ranged scores with out anyy major improvement!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just took the DAT today, I gotta tell you when it comes to QR, ITS ALL ABOUT THE TIME!!! I'm a Math Major at CU Boulder and I thought the QR was pretty damn hard. There are too many word problems... if you want to do well, focus on these three areas : 1) WORD PROBLEMS 2) TRIG and the most important of all 3) MANAGE YOUR TIME and do it FAST

good luck on your test!

How much have you improved using the CDM.. I kept getting the same ranged scores with out anyy major improvement!!!

My QR score started off at 18, and that was mainly because of the time limit and my weak understanding of trig. Initially I wouldn't even be able to finish on time, I would have about 7-8 questions left at the end I'd have to guess/rush through. When I was reviewing the early tests I noticed that if I had just been faster I would have had a real shot at any of those last questions since they were usually pretty easy. I would get bogged down on an earlier question and get stuck on it without moving on.

After brushing up on trig and working on speed, I'm consistently scoring a 22 now (on my last 3 tests). I don't devote a set time to each question (68 seconds/q if you divide) but I just go in with the mentality that I need to go go go and speed through.