JoRony

2+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2016
Status
  1. Pre-Dental
Hi

It's been a while since I took chem, can you please recommend any good resources to review chem for DAT. I know about CHAD prep but not sure if it will be the best as he expects some previous understanding of the material( I do plan to use him after a thorough review). I don't think I remember much from Chem l and ll. Thanks! for your help.

FeralisExtremum

10+ Year Member
May 17, 2008
Status
  1. Dentist
I know about CHAD prep but not sure if it will be the best as he expects some previous understanding of the material

Used his videos and this was not my experience at all. You could pretty much learn chemistry from him with zero prior knowledge.

Reactions: 2 users
About the Ads

MGA100

2+ Year Member
May 22, 2018
Status
  1. Dental Student
Chad is a beast.

EDIT: chad for videos, destroyer for practice. That is all you need.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

ChemistryDentist

Almost there!
2+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2018
Status
  1. Dental Student
Hi

It's been a while since I took chem, can you please recommend any good resources to review chem for DAT. I know about CHAD prep but not sure if it will be the best as he expects some previous understanding of the material( I do plan to use him after a thorough review). I don't think I remember much from Chem l and ll. Thanks! for your help.

The DAT Destroyer was virtually all I needed for chem. It kicks you really hard the first time through, but you'd be amazed about how much you learn from the beating (metaphorically, of course). If you like videos, I've heard the Orgoman YouTube videos were useful for understanding some of the Destroyer problems and other problems that may pop up on the exam.

It wouldn't hurt to look back at your college chem notes, because it may spark some memories about what you learned and how you approached the problems in the past. That could help an absolute ton, especially if you have your old textbook too.

Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users

sukhi

2+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2018
Status
  1. Pre-Dental
I am using Chad's videos right now and I love them because they have mini quizzes at the end of them so you are able to quiz how much info you have retained. They are also very clear and concise!

Reactions: 1 user
May 6, 2019
Status
  1. Pre-Dental
If you don't remember much from Chemistry I and II, you should watch Chad's videos. You can find them on youtube for free. Even Khan Academy is pretty helpful if you find all the relevant videos.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads