DAT study resources for subjects

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amoad

Reaction score
I have been out of college for a few years and will need to brush up on some subjects. What are the best resources for subjects or prep courses?

Members don't see this ad.

It's been years since I took the DAT at this point, but what I hear from incoming D1s, the DAT Destroyers have stood the test of time as one of the best resources out there to get you ready for the DAT. My holy trinity for the exam was the DAT Destroyer + Math Destroyer + Dynamite Biology Review for the sciences and math. They really made the exam a breeze for me and helped me learn the concepts needed to do well without just memorizing answers. If you think a course would be helpful for you, I've heard great things about Dr. Romano's classes, but I can't speak to them in great detail because I didn't personally attend.

PAT materials have changed since I took the exam, so I can't comment too well on those. But for RC, highly recommend practicing with GRE reading comprehension exams for free online. Most of the time they're harder than what you'd see on the DAT, and I feel like they really prepared me well.

Hope this helps some! Best of luck! :)

Reactions: 1 user
There are so many different materials available now but here are a few free resources for Biology and the books we recommend to students if they have a weak foundation or a non-traditional type student.

Free Bio Videos - Craig Savage

We also recommend these books if you need to brush up on GC and Orgo

Textbook: Chemistry by Raymond Chang, 9th edition
Textbook: Organic Chemistry by David Klein, 1st edition

Hope this helps and good luck in your studies.

Nancy, co/owner, Destroyers

Reactions: 1 user