Best resources for learning Gyn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Perrotfish

Has an MD in Horribleness
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a Pediatrician with a significant adolescent panel. I have to admit that Gyn and women's health is a relative blindspot for me. What resources (books, websites, qbanks, podcasts) do you guys think are best for learning Gyn? My residency experience was limited to whatever filtered through 3 ED and 2 adolescent rotations, which probably adds up to two weeks of a true Gyn rotation.

Members don't see this ad.

Buying the book is probably overkill, but if you have access to online textbooks, the pertinent chapters in Williams Gynecology are really good. That's the book most of us read to build our foundational knowledge. The chapter on peds gyn, of course, but also the chapters on contraception, gyn infections, abnormal uterine bleeding, and pelvic pain. If you want to buy a book, the Johns Hopkins Manual (not quite a pocket reference) covers gyn decently and is a cheaper choice. Any books specific to peds/adolescent gyn would likely go far too in-depth with endocrinology and congenital anomalies for your purposes.

Also, NASPAG has some reviews on its website that could also be helpful: http://www.naspag.org/?page=minireviews

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

ACOG Bulletins summaries Manual.. It is made by obgyn senior that graduated 2013 ..it is a great summary for the all ACOG guidelines tell 2013.