Best School to Apply for Oral Surgery

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pookie-bear

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Non-traditional applicant here. I recently took the DAT and got a 26 AA/ 25 PAT. I've already sent out apps, but this changes the math a little. I want to go in and work towards a Oral Surgery 4 year program after dental school. Any advice on best schools to apply for this scenario? Any programs particularly geared to OS... any advice, thoughts, or experience would be great.

Members don't see this ad.

No schools are geared towards oral surgery. Many people, including myself, went to state schools and were able to get into oral surgery fine.
It's all about the person, rather than the school that gets you in.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I would recommend that you apply to schools with a true OMFS department and affiliated residency program. I know some schools don't have any specialties or have them staffed by GP faculty. It's much easier if you have residents you can reach out to as well as meet attending surgeons for potential future letters of rec.

Reactions: 2 users
I would recommend that you apply to schools with a true OMFS department and affiliated residency program. I know some schools don't have any specialties or have them staffed by GP faculty. It's much easier if you have residents you can reach out to as well as meet attending surgeons for potential future letters of rec.
I really appreciate that advice, thanks.