TMW

10+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2008
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Does anyone know if there is a clear winner when it comes to smartphones best suited for pharm school? I'd imagine the iphone would be the best with all of its applications, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to pay that much money each month for a small amount of convenience. Any insight from people who have used smartphones in pharm school would be much appreciated.

Jul 15, 2009
Orange County
Status
Pharmacy Student
Does anyone know if there is a clear winner when it comes to smartphones best suited for pharm school? I'd imagine the iphone would be the best with all of its applications, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to pay that much money each month for a small amount of convenience. Any insight from people who have used smartphones in pharm school would be much appreciated.
If all else fails just get the iPod Touch if you got wifi on campus. I haven't started pharm school yet, but when I got my iPod Touch the last semester it helped me a lot with a few of my classes. I wasn't even fully utilizing the apps at the time (I hadn't jailbroken it yet and I was too lazy to). If you want me to update you when I start school in a few weeks I can...but then again our school is 'giving' us tablets to use.

Edit: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=647167&highlight=iphone a relevant thread to consult

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2003
Born: Parkersburg, WV | Now: Montgomery TWP, PA
Status
Pharmacist
If some dude whipped out an iPhone or a Palm Pre on rounds, I'd prolly start busting out laughing. I can just imagine someone looking up, like, the dose of Thorazine for hiccups and then their "Birthday Sex" ringtone starts going off in front of the team. Hahaha.

10+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2006
Status
Pharmacy Student
If some dude whipped out an iPhone or a Palm Pre on rounds, I'd prolly start busting out laughing. I can just imagine someone looking up, like, the dose of Thorazine for hiccups and then their "Birthday Sex" ringtone starts going off in front of the team. Hahaha.
Worst song ever. Really.

GoldfishPharmD

walking on a dream
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 25, 2009
Status
Pharmacist

Sparda29

En Taro Adun
10+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
New York, New York
Status
Pharmacist
Ehh, my ringtone is the theme song for the Bourne series.

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2003
Born: Parkersburg, WV | Now: Montgomery TWP, PA
Status
Pharmacist
Hell, top 40 music today is hilarious. I'll be walking around the hospital and some nursing station will have the top 40 station on...I'm sitting there looking at a chart and I'm hearing Lady Gaga in the background telling me she wants to ride my disco stick. Hahaha.

We're still not as bad as that part of the 80s where Prince was going around talking about having "a pocket full of horses...Trojans...and some of 'em used." Ewwww.

Jul 12, 2009
Status
i have the blackberry tour....best thing i ever got

i get rx with old brand names i have never heard of, i just whip it out and look it up...got epocrates and other stuff on it

really a winner all around for me

and of course when we are slow, i just surf the net :)

type b pharmD

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2009
Status
Pharmacist
Hell, top 40 music today is hilarious. I'll be walking around the hospital and some nursing station will have the top 40 station on...I'm sitting there looking at a chart and I'm hearing Lady Gaga in the background telling me she wants to ride my disco stick. Hahaha.

We're still not as bad as that part of the 80s where Prince was going around talking about having "a pocket full of horses...Trojans...and some of 'em used." Ewwww.
:thumbup: awesome

Passion4Sci

LML
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2009
Palo Alto, CA
Status
Pharmacy Student
Mikey, even more amusing when you consider the recent news that Lady Gaga might very well have her own disco stick.

OP
T

TMW

10+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2008
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
i have the blackberry tour....best thing i ever got

i get rx with old brand names i have never heard of, i just whip it out and look it up...got epocrates and other stuff on it

really a winner all around for me

and of course when we are slow, i just surf the net :)
I thought the tour looked pretty nice when I checked it out. I might hold out and see what the storm #2 is like. I've heard it might be coming out in September sometime. I also heard it might not be coming out until the holiday season...

ffpickle

Thread Killer
10+ Year Member
May 7, 2008
Status
not trying to be facetious but the smartest phone for pharm school is a simple one that you don't spend a lot of time on, texting, etc. in other words, a regular cell phone is best...you don't need to spend extra money on something with a bunch of useles gadgets...it's more for fun than to help you with school. your textbooks are more imp. in pharm school than your phone.