Best smartphone for pharm school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TMW

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a clear winner when it comes to smartphones best suited for pharm school? I'd imagine the iphone would be the best with all of its applications, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to pay that much money each month for a small amount of convenience. Any insight from people who have used smartphones in pharm school would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if there is a clear winner when it comes to smartphones best suited for pharm school? I'd imagine the iphone would be the best with all of its applications, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to pay that much money each month for a small amount of convenience. Any insight from people who have used smartphones in pharm school would be much appreciated.

If all else fails just get the iPod Touch if you got wifi on campus. I haven't started pharm school yet, but when I got my iPod Touch the last semester it helped me a lot with a few of my classes. I wasn't even fully utilizing the apps at the time (I hadn't jailbroken it yet and I was too lazy to). If you want me to update you when I start school in a few weeks I can...but then again our school is 'giving' us tablets to use.

Edit: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=647167&highlight=iphone a relevant thread to consult

If some dude whipped out an iPhone or a Palm Pre on rounds, I'd prolly start busting out laughing. I can just imagine someone looking up, like, the dose of Thorazine for hiccups and then their "Birthday Sex" ringtone starts going off in front of the team. Hahaha.

Members don't see this ad :)
If some dude whipped out an iPhone or a Palm Pre on rounds, I'd prolly start busting out laughing. I can just imagine someone looking up, like, the dose of Thorazine for hiccups and then their "Birthday Sex" ringtone starts going off in front of the team. Hahaha.

Worst song ever. Really.

Ehh, my ringtone is the theme song for the Bourne series.

Hell, top 40 music today is hilarious. I'll be walking around the hospital and some nursing station will have the top 40 station on...I'm sitting there looking at a chart and I'm hearing Lady Gaga in the background telling me she wants to ride my disco stick. Hahaha.

We're still not as bad as that part of the 80s where Prince was going around talking about having "a pocket full of horses...Trojans...and some of 'em used." Ewwww.

wow that wasn't helpful at all

i have the blackberry tour....best thing i ever got

i get rx with old brand names i have never heard of, i just whip it out and look it up...got epocrates and other stuff on it

really a winner all around for me

and of course when we are slow, i just surf the net :)

Hell, top 40 music today is hilarious. I'll be walking around the hospital and some nursing station will have the top 40 station on...I'm sitting there looking at a chart and I'm hearing Lady Gaga in the background telling me she wants to ride my disco stick. Hahaha.

We're still not as bad as that part of the 80s where Prince was going around talking about having "a pocket full of horses...Trojans...and some of 'em used." Ewwww.

:thumbup: awesome

i have the blackberry tour....best thing i ever got

i get rx with old brand names i have never heard of, i just whip it out and look it up...got epocrates and other stuff on it

really a winner all around for me

and of course when we are slow, i just surf the net :)

I thought the tour looked pretty nice when I checked it out. I might hold out and see what the storm #2 is like. I've heard it might be coming out in September sometime. I also heard it might not be coming out until the holiday season...

thread successfully hijacked, al-qaeda style.

not trying to be facetious but the smartest phone for pharm school is a simple one that you don't spend a lot of time on, texting, etc. in other words, a regular cell phone is best...you don't need to spend extra money on something with a bunch of useles gadgets...it's more for fun than to help you with school. your textbooks are more imp. in pharm school than your phone.