best source for reading substance abuse?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrPicard

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've gone over substance abuse from FA, kaplan pharma, and kaplan behav sciences. Each of these has some symptoms listed which the other two do not. Kaplan behav seems to have the most "logical" approach, where symptoms seem to fit better into a well defined clinical picture, but then again, FA is the gold standard. I'm confused as to how to go about this. I've considered combining all 3 sources, but I feel that will leave me with an excess of symptoms with each substance, and might confound rather than clarify the subject for me. For the guys who've been through Uworld/usmlerx/kaplan or the real deal, what would you suggest is an adequate or more than adequate source?

Just as a side note, is there any point to learning "nausea" or "gi distress" as a side effect of drugs, unless its specifically mentioned its something out of the ordinary? There are a multitude of drugs listing this, and I'm under the impression pretty much any drug taken orally can do this!

Members don't see this ad.