Best study guide for MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whatwhy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys have any suggestions? I keep hearing about SN2. Where can I find out more about this? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Whatever you do, just do something that is not overwhelming to ensure you stay focused and stick to the plan. Don't go out and buy a bagillion study guides, its overwhelming and you will feel like you don't know where to start. I suggest picking one company, create a gameplan, and just stick to it. This is from personal experience that I know an overwhelming amount of study materials can cause you to shut down. I am using EK's Audio Osmosis, and going track by track (about 2mins at a time), writing my own detailed notes, and then reviewing them each night. It has been effective and I do about 2hrs per day, 10hrs a week of listening to AO.

Members don't see this ad :)
Whatever you do, just do something that is not overwhelming to ensure you stay focused and stick to the plan. Don't go out and buy a bagillion study guides, its overwhelming and you will feel like you don't know where to start. I suggest picking one company, create a gameplan, and just stick to it. This is from personal experience that I know an overwhelming amount of study materials can cause you to shut down. I am using EK's Audio Osmosis, and going track by track (about 2mins at a time), writing my own detailed notes, and then reviewing them each night. It has been effective and I do about 2hrs per day, 10hrs a week of listening to AO.
Yeah I totally agree about the overwhelming amount of study materials. I was originally gonna buy BR books to go with the Sn2ed schedule but they've been such a hassle to find (and expensive!) that I think I'm just gonna go for the Examkrackers and be done with it!

Yeah I totally agree about the overwhelming amount of study materials. I was originally gonna buy BR books to go with the Sn2ed schedule but they've been such a hassle to find (and expensive!) that I think I'm just gonna go for the Examkrackers and be done with it!

Same here, then I realized that content review is important, but its also almost more important to take aamc material (exams and assessments) and understand the rationale as to why you answered a question incorrectly. I just think quality over quantity is the way to go. Understand the basic science, and then understand how to think like the test writers think when they write the questions and answer choices

They're not really that much of a hassle to get directly from TBR. I sent my order form in last week, and will be receiving my full set of books next Tuesday.

There's a big reason why people are price gouging with used TBR books: it's because people think TBR takes forever to ship their stuff out. Apparently, they've remedied that.

But yes... they are expensive.

Same here, then I realized that content review is important, but its also almost more important to take aamc material (exams and assessments) and understand the rationale as to why you answered a question incorrectly. I just think quality over quantity is the way to go. Understand the basic science, and then understand how to think like the test writers think when they write the questions and answer choices

I totally agree- I think practice tests are definitely essential for doing well on the MCAT. I am unsure then whether or not I should do the e-mcat FL's on the computer or on paper. My eyes hurt when I stare at the computer too long and I definitely work better on paper, having done them all my life. I was thinking maybe I'd do 3, 4, 5 on paper and the recent ones using the computer 7-11, so I can get a feel for test day what do you think?