Best suction catheter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BobLoblaw78

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently read in another thread about how terrible the yankauer suction catheters are and coincidentally was asked about switching to the DuCanto Catheters (increased suction volume, better curve). Does anyone have a strong opinion or experience with these? Any other thoughts? I actually think I have used them a couple of times but they didn't leave a lasting impression. If they are what I think they are, then I wasn't a huge fan of the blunt angle at the tip. If you have any others that you prefer, do share. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I typically just use the 14 Fr flexible endotracheal tube suction catheters. Way easier to slip in, less traumatic than a Yankauer.

Ask yourself what you'd like rubbed up against your own soft palate and uvula.

Reactions: 2 users
I typically just use the 14 Fr flexible endotracheal tube suction catheters. Way easier to slip in, less traumatic than a Yankauer.

Ask yourself what you'd like rubbed up against your own soft palate and uvula.

20/french/cali

Reactions: 1 user
less traumatic than a Yankauer.
Wouldn't be nearly as bad if everyone were taught to hold it like a pen instead of gripping it like Michael Myers about to take a run at Laurie Strode

Reactions: 4 users