Best time to take Step 1 during 3rd year?

Started by kj8210
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kj8210

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm a DO student who has only taken COMLEX so far but I would like to take Step 1 as well to make myself more competitive. Should I take it a few weeks before Step 2 like in May or should I take it earlier than that? Thanks!
 
I was in the same situation and found it impossible to study for step 1 during rotation and comats. so I took a month off ! studied only step 1 and got it over with. It was kind of late thou which affected my step 2 studying; while everyone was doing UW step 2 I was doing UW step 1. So my advice is to take step 1 asap when you are ready! just take an assessment and see if you are ready or not. the longer you wait, the more work/ time you need to prepare for step 2/ comlex 2.